Premed 101 Forums

CutOff Posting

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think someone got an interview with 3.74 last year, but not 100% sure.

Not on here, I've combed the Queen's thread last year...

And the lowest I could find was 3.755 from Elaine... which was actually higher but OMSAS discounted some certificate work....

Mind you I could have missed it... my OCD may have faltered.

Not on here, I've combed the Queen's thread last year...

And the lowest I could find was 3.755 from Elaine... which was actually higher but OMSAS discounted some certificate work....

Mind you I could have missed it... my OCD may have faltered.

How about someone makes a sticky where we put down the lowest GPA and MCAT to get an interview so that people don't have to sift through all these threads to try and find this kind of info?

How about someone makes a sticky where we put down the lowest GPA and MCAT to get an interview so that people don't have to sift through all these threads to try and find this kind of info?

A good idea, now that Queen's isn't open about it....

Last year the lowest I saw....

3.69 cGPA

3.755 last 2 year.

MCAT 9's in each section but a 28 was the lowest cumulative and nothing below an R...

Lots of leniency with a master's or grad work.... 3.05 cGPA but a 3.95 in grad work and got an interview.

A good idea, now that Queen's isn't open about it....

Last year the lowest I saw....

3.69 cGPA

3.755 last 2 year.

MCAT 9's in each section but a 28 was the lowest cumulative and nothing below an R...

Lots of leniency with a master's or grad work.... 3.05 cGPA but a 3.95 in grad work and got an interview.

And this year... I'm doing my best to take the lowest stats interviewed honours.

Lol.... there's something to be proud of

That's ME! That's ME! hahaha... lowest GPA AND lowest MCAT haha.

Here's hoping for another miracle this year. ;)

I got an interview last year with a cGPA of around 2.0 (seriously - really should have not dropped out of university after the last day to do so without academic penalty that year....) and a 2 year GPA of 3.775. Jochi got an interview with a 2 year GPA of 3.76, which is the lowest I remember seeing on these forums. That does not mean, however, that there weren't people with lower 2 year GPAs who just didn't post their marks.

I just wanted to emphasize that if you are applying based on your 2 year GPA, your overall GPA does not matter AT ALL. Also, once you get an interview, your GPA and MCAT are never looked at again. Everyone is on an equal playing field.

Best wishes! May the time between now and those e-mails (and May 15, for that matter) pass quickly!

Elaine

I think it's next week. I called them yesterday and I think they said next week, around the 5th or 6th.

I'm just curious as to why it takes so long for interview invites to be sent out, especially if the cutoffs are already determined? It's not just Queen's, but I feel as if all Ontario schools are delaying sending out the invites this year.

I think it's next week. I called them yesterday and I think they said next week, around the 5th or 6th.

I'm just curious as to why it takes so long for interview invites to be sent out? It's not just Queen's, but I feel as if all Ontario schools are delaying sending out the invites this year.

My guess is that they simply do not feel the need to hasten the process. Long drawn out ordeal = year-long administrative duties related to admissions = keeping a steady job.

My guess is that they simply do not feel the need to hasten the process. Long drawn out ordeal = year-long administrative duties related to admissions = keeping a steady job.

yeah and the fact that they don't hire extra staff for this, so you have this mountain of work to do, but you can only go through it at the same rate.

They probably double- and triple check everything. If they send an e-mail to a wrong applicant, saying they have an interview, when they don't, could be devastating to the applicant. If they send them out 50 per day, they will then get phone calls from the other applicants wondering where their own are, hence delaying the process.

Maybe they are waiting for confirmation from interviewers to make sure they can offer the amount of interviews being offered.

Who knows really, but surely there is a reason.

They probably double- and triple check everything. If they send an e-mail to a wrong applicant, saying they have an interview, when they don't, could be devastating to the applicant. If they send them out 50 per day, they will then get phone calls from the other applicants wondering where their own are, hence delaying the process.

Maybe they are waiting for confirmation from interviewers to make sure they can offer the amount of interviews being offered.

Who knows really, but surely there is a reason.

Yes, I know of someone this year that got on the McGill OOP interview info list.... they sent him a few e-mails about accomodations and travel but never gave him his actual time...

And then when he called to ask, they informed him they sent that stuff to him by mistake....

Brutal....

maybe should just call the admissions office for this year's cut-off haha.

Better yet just give us your phone number, and we will call you every 5 minutes and let you know there is absolutely no news what so ever about interview notifications.

Or if you prefer we could make it every 3 minutes... :)

Archived