Premed 101 Forums

How did your interviews go?

It's cause the interview season is over for most people now, so no need to spend time on the forums

my queen's interview went okay, I actually went over 30 minutes, and then I asked some questions right at the end. interivewers were nice, the 700+ interviewees not so good haha, but we'll see

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How long it was taking was not in my mind when I interviewed. It felt like more than a half hour. I was the last interview before lunch and at the end they didn't seem rushed at all and gave me a chance to say whatever I wanted to. This was on Feb 27, I believe.

Hey

I dont think I had as great of an experience at Queens compared to the other schools. I felt the enthusiasm from 1st years was a lot lower compared to other schools. Also, it wasn't too clear about when you were supposed to arrive. They said your interview started at a certain time, but didn't specify what time the written component would start. I almost missed mine since I decided to wander a bit thinking I had over 45 mins till my interview. Also, I hated the fact that there were no follow up questions. There was no fluidity in the interview which made it feel cold. My interview was also very short since I tried to keep my answers semi brief, being used to follow up questions in the other interviews. While I think the interviewers were great people, I think the overall impression from the Queens interview was poor compared to other schools

Hey

I dont think I had as great of an experience at Queens compared to the other schools. I felt the enthusiasm from 1st years was a lot lower compared to other schools. Also, it wasn't too clear about when you were supposed to arrive. They said your interview started at a certain time, but didn't specify what time the written component would start. I almost missed mine since I decided to wander a bit thinking I had over 45 mins till my interview. Also, I hated the fact that there were no follow up questions. There was no fluidity in the interview which made it feel cold. My interview was also very short since I tried to keep my answers semi brief, being used to follow up questions in the other interviews. While I think the interviewers were great people, I think the overall impression from the Queens interview was poor compared to other schools

QFT.

Very nice interviewers, but ... it just felt very impersonal, sort of reminded me of MCAT administration minus the fingerprintings. The city is nice though, and the school is actually quite good, but it just wasn't presented in the best light I guess. No worries, I will still attend if accepted :D

Archived