Premed 101 Forums

How did your interviews go?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
was it me or was it really short?

two interviewers in a small room...the writing sample went by fast...pen and paper

I think with all those extra interviews they've shortened them from last year and compared to other schools... that combined with the a relatively stressful situation your in I imagine your concept of time may get thrown off....

Good luck however.....

maybe...im not sure...all i got was a standardized set of questions...they even gave me a booklet with all the questions they were asking...

so...i held the booklet...and they told me to flip the page after each answer i gave and they went on to read the next question....

man...i feel like this interview made me so sad...

anyone else interview today? can you tell me if this is the same for you?

maybe...im not sure...all i got was a standardized set of questions...they even gave me a booklet with all the questions they were asking...

so...i held the booklet...and they told me to flip the page after each answer i gave and they went on to read the next question....

Maybe you did better than you thought you did. I have heard Queen's interviews were rather enjoyable before this, and am a bit surprised by the negativity people are feeling about them. Something change here?

anyone else interview today? can you tell me if this is the same for you?

They gave you a booklet? That's so weird.

I love to see how they can differentiate between us. This actually just proved that its hit or miss. You either have what they're looking for or you don't. The cutoff that is worse than both mcat and gpa combined..here we have it.

Lol, maybe we should wait for a few more people to post before we jump to conclusions?

However, it does sound a little difficult to differentiate one's self in the conditions explained by hellosc.... Then again, you'd probably need an interviewers opinion to get a true idea.... Maybe we're more transparent then we believe.

Lol, maybe we should wait for a few more people to post before we jump to conclusions?

However, it does sound a little difficult to differentiate one's self in the conditions explained by hellosc.... Then again, you'd probably need an interviewers opinion to get a true idea.... Maybe we're more transparent then we believe.

Well if they are looking at standardized questions, then they are looking at specific traits. Which is OK, obviously you need specific traits to be a physician. But when you have 5 questions and you have a short amount of time, then they are looking at a specific subset of these traits. If you don't have an answer to a question because you cant think of an example, or even a good one, you can't make it up later by talking about something else. So you either have had a meaningful experience that you can use in the question, or you didn't and you're not in good shape given the odds.

I guess I need to prep my answers if they are going the standardized route. Were you guys with ethics/healthcare or just the typical 'tell me about an experience where...'. I'm guess they are going with the latter if they are doing behavioral interviews.

Archived