Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have to make a decision. Someone want to pick for me: IP or OOP?

i'd pick IP. my life is here, and the stress of moving to a new province would be a lot to add on top of starting med school. unless i got into UBC along with U of M, as both provinces are home to me

What?!?!? I buy Jif at Superstore!

*jealous*

No Superstore here in QC, but I'll have to tell my dad to visit the ones in Ottawa in case!! It's a fun trip for me, going with a friend and there's a few other stores in that same center I want to go to :)

BTW.. I prefer Skippy as well lol!

I'm waitlisted at 2 schools right now, and even though I'm trying not to be hopeful I still think that I have a good chance of getting off from the waitlist.

But my dad's so mad at me about the waitlist, and he's telling me to give up and study for Dental school test and keeps telling me to apply to dental school.

During last application cycle, I made myself very clear that I do not want to be a dentist, and that I will give dentistry a shot after every thing else about medicine fails. But he doesn't listen. So frustrating and I can't wait to move out of this ****hole

I'm waitlisted at 2 schools right now, and even though I'm trying not to be hopeful I still think that I have a good chance of getting off from the waitlist.

But my dad's so mad at me about the waitlist, and he's telling me to give up and study for Dental school test and keeps telling me to apply to dental school.

During last application cycle, I made myself very clear that I do not want to be a dentist, and that I will give dentistry a shot after every thing else about medicine fails. But he doesn't listen. So frustrating and I can't wait to move out of this ****hole

That is just horrible for him to say that or hold that opinion. I was goimg to say i cant imagine a parent saying such a thing but having grown up with a sh!tty parent myself i know better lol

Best of luck! Keep your head high and nos to the grind stone so you can keep improvingjust in case you dont get in.

Fun day with my friend in Plattsburgh.. I can't believe they actually have a Canadian flag outside and a huge sign in French saying "Bienvenue à nos visiteurs canadiens" inside the mall hahaha... French everywhere, probably more QC plates in the parking lot than any US states. And customs officer didn't make us pay any taxes on reentry :)

ditto, went to rammstein and the club the next door to the stadium was handing out no line no cover afte def dirty, grindy altho earlier nite... especially w/ that crowd of people.

Holy crap last night got out of hand. Ended up at Dennys at 5am with 4 randoms from the club and my buddy.

Everything..hurts...

Keep faith with your dream Suzie. Its your life to live and not his. The fact that you are a WLer means you definitely are competitive. Remember, live with no regrets and excellent candidates need to wait for their turn. Fingers crossed.

Fun day with my friend in Plattsburgh.. I can't believe they actually have a Canadian flag outside and a huge sign in French saying "Bienvenue à nos visiteurs canadiens" inside the mall hahaha... French everywhere, probably more QC plates in the parking lot than any US states. And customs officer didn't make us pay any taxes on reentry :)

Sounds like Hollywood, Fla. :)

Archived