Premed 101 Forums

good textbook for family medicine?

Anish

hello all,

i was wondering if anyone could recommend a good textbook for learning family medicine... hopefully something evidence-based.

any suggestions?

thanks!

I like _Mosby's Family Practice Sourcebook, An Evidence-Based Approach to Care_, published by U of T. $112 at the UWO bookstore. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's all text -- no diagrams or pictures.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'd recommend the McMaster Modules too. These are usually available from your medical school. We had 5 binders full of them- each centered around a topic relevant to FM. Each one starts with 3 cases and gives excellent evidence-based info plus answers to the cases.

Ruraldoc

PS Don't know if you can buy them anywhere though???

Hi,

I'd recommend the McMaster Modules too. These are usually available from your medical school. We had 5 binders full of them- each centered around a topic relevant to FM. Each one starts with 3 cases and gives excellent evidence-based info plus answers to the cases.

Ruraldoc

PS Don't know if you can buy them anywhere though???

Yes, good resource. During one of my rural placements, the docs would get together regularly and go through one of them over lunch. Short, to the point and high-yield, but I'm not sure where to buy them either.

Archived