Premed 101 Forums

IP Waitlist 2009

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am on the IP waitlist but will be going to U of A.

I was pretty evenly split between the two and told myself I would take whoever accepted me outright, as an indication I might fit in better there. I had really good stats and felt decent about my interview and so would guess I am fairly highly ranked amongst the waitlistees - congrats to whoever gets my spot.

:)

I heard that initial offers for U of C need to be accepted or declined by May 25. Not a long time until things proceed.

Thanks to those who are informing us as to which school they are accepting! It gives hope :)

I'm on the waitlist for Calgary too and I'm IP. I'll be withdrawing myself from it as soon as I can confirm my acceptance for UofA.

I hope it helps that even the waitlist will shorten...I'm rooting for you LostLamb!

I wish I could be posting under happier circumstances but I am also on the waitlist. I have got to say that I hope the person that stated the 1:1 ratio is wrong. The anticipation is killing me and I'm starting to think a rejection would be easier so I could start packing my bags for Ireland :) I wish the best to all my fellow waitlisters and I hope to see you in class this summer!

I wish I could be posting under happier circumstances but I am also on the waitlist. I have got to say that I hope the person that stated the 1:1 ratio is wrong. The anticipation is killing me and I'm starting to think a rejection would be easier so I could start packing my bags for Ireland :) I wish the best to all my fellow waitlisters and I hope to see you in class this summer!

The 1:1 ratio is purely conjecture. But, I was also waitlisted last year and I knew of 24 people who remained on the waitlist despite a relatively active waitlist (due to the declaration of increased seats in early July). I had a score of 68.59 and I knew of people with scores of 68.61, 68.62, 68.65, 68.68, 68.71 and 68.75- and those are just that I know. Now having said that, you may be the very next one on the waitlist or the very last. I doubt that U of C would deviate from a large waitlist this year. As a matter of fact, a three or four years ago, they virtually exhausted their waitlist because the government increased the funding for med seats to 125 (from 100). From what I hear, to avoid such a scenario again, UofC keeps a healthy waitlister pool. There is no contractual commitment to the waitlisters.

I remember last year's waitlist and as you can tell from my score, I was not accepted.

I do remember someone with 69.00 getting in but no one lower than that and I am sure we were packed like sardines between 68 and 69. If remember that for the longest time, no one below 70.00 had heard anything and when they increased the number from 135 to 150, it started moving again. Doesn't seem like that will happen since they already have accounted for the increased enrollment.

BTW... I am waitlisted again. It is a terrible feeling and only gets worse as June comes to an end.

Hey guys, for those that have waitlisted, would you mind sharing some of your stats like GPA and MCAT?

thanks

GPA: 3.55

MCAT: 34S

EC: Amongst the best that I know of.

Currently enrolled in MSc-PhD in the California.

I had a pretty kickass interview and essay last year. This year. however, I think a couple of my interview stations were questionable and my essays were not as spectacular.

But I was sexier this year than last year due to my excellent moustache.

IP waitlisted, 2nd time applying. I am also waitlisted at UBC, and have been accepted at Loma Linda University. Unfortunately, Loma Linda is in California and I think I would prefer something closer to home. If I don't get off the waitlist by the end of June, I will be accepting Loma Linda (and then the waitlist will be shortened by 1 spot). Good luck to everyone!

cGPA: 4.000/4.000

MCAT: 37Q

3-yr BSc and 4-yr BSc

Looks good with a stethoscope

Guest rpuff

3rd year IP but accepted by U of A so I will be giving up my waitlist spot

GPA: 3.9

MCAT: 11-11-Q-14

ECs: a little more unique, heavy involvement with children with special needs and rez activities/events. No hospital volunteering or summer lab experience.

Best of luck to all of you on the waitlist!! There seems to be a large shift of people picking U of A, so hopefully it will move quickly :)

side bar, sad panda that they're not posting our final scores. I'd like to confirm my estimated 2/10 on that writing sample.

yay! :) uhhh does anyone know if they start offering waitlist spots before may 25th (if ppl just phone in and decline), or do they wait until the deadline to get back to them the contact the waitlistees who are next up?

I know of one IP applicant that was wait listed at U of C but will be accepting at U of A. So one less person on the wait list.

Good luck to everyone!

Archived