Premed 101 Forums

IP Waitlist 2009

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so sorry, LostLamb. :( Every time I would see you at the bottom of the Waitlist post, I would check to see if you got in... You're on the U of A waitlist though too, right? Fingers crossed for you there, and I bet you will get into both next year in any case.

Thanks, Mandolin, for your positive thoughts! I'm holding out for UofA now. Immediately arranged a month-to-month lease on my place in Calgary and have opened a new application account for UofC!

I think I had designated myself as the official waitlist cheerleader and top waitlist hoper, hence my all too frequent posts on this thread. :D

From the letter, scores of the unsuccessful waitlisted will be available in about 2 weeks. I guess this gives poor April and Adele some time off before they go through the whole hullaballoo of applications for the next cycle.

I was probably scraping the bottom of the waitlist barrel, I guess I will find out soon enough.

Next year is a new application, new beginning, new pool of applicants. Let the competition begin!;)

Love the positive attitude LL. We'll get 'em next year. Good Luck with U of A! I am done for the year.

Thanks, Mandolin, for your positive thoughts! I'm holding out for UofA now. Immediately arranged a month-to-month lease on my place in Calgary and have opened a new application account for UofC!

I think I had designated myself as the official waitlist cheerleader and top waitlist hoper, hence my all too frequent posts on this thread. :D

From the letter, scores of the unsuccessful waitlisted will be available in about 2 weeks. I guess this gives poor April and Adele some time off before they go through the whole hullaballoo of applications for the next cycle.

I was probably scraping the bottom of the waitlist barrel, I guess I will find out soon enough.

Next year is a new application, new beginning, new pool of applicants. Let the competition begin!;)

We'll all get in next year friends. Until then, just enjoy it. Myself and my mother talked to a lot of doctors and every single one just told me to appreciate this opportunity. It may suck right now but looking back, they would have killed for a year off to just enjoy life while they still could. Once you get in it's med school-->residency-->fellowship (and so on, if you go that path) --> practicing, there's no "year off" really. So let's go have some fun. I'm going to south america for a few months, it's going to be baller

This is true for some of us but not all of us. I'm getting up there in years and have already spent nearly all of my 20s in school. All my friends work and are getting married, having kids, settling down. However, as depressing as all that sounds I had an epiphany a few years back that things happen in their own sweet time and I am not in a race with anyone but myself. I'll keep running the race as long as the passion to try is there.

Don't get hung up on age, time, years, what others are doing. Do what is right for you.

Enjoy South America, Jamer!!!!:D

We'll all get in next year friends. Until then, just enjoy it. Myself and my mother talked to a lot of doctors and every single one just told me to appreciate this opportunity. It may suck right now but looking back, they would have killed for a year off to just enjoy life while they still could. Once you get in it's med school-->residency-->fellowship (and so on, if you go that path) --> practicing, there's no "year off" really. So let's go have some fun.

This is true for some of us but not all of us. I'm getting up there in years and have already spent nearly all of my 20s in school. All my friends work and are getting married, having kids, settling down. However, as depressing as all that sounds I had an epiphany a few years back that things happen in their own sweet time and I am not in a race with anyone but myself. I'll keep running the race as long as the passion to try is there.

Don't get hung up on age, time, years, what others are doing. Do what is right for you.

Enjoy South America, Jamer!!!!:D

Your perseverance is to be commended Lost Lamb. How long do you think you can continue applying? I know I had only one or two more years left in me.

If you are well into your 30s will you think of going to the US? I am only asking this hypothetically since with a MSc and lots of volunteering you should be good to go next year. Are you redoing your MCAT?

Aww thanks for the compliment, HopefulMed. For me, it's "Canadian med school or bust". I am not cut out for the hassle of being an IMG and jumping hoops to be able to practise in Canada. For personal reasons I want and need to work in this country.

I should rewrite the MCAT, since my score is just over 5 years old and it is balanced but not stellar compared to others who post here.

I'm only 29 and apparently look 25 (yay for winning the genetic lottery!) so I'll keep on trying for now and see where life leads me in the meantime. There is definitely more to life than getting in and going to med school!! ;)

Aww thanks for the compliment, HopefulMed. For me, it's "Canadian med school or bust". I am not cut out for the hassle of being an IMG and jumping hoops to be able to practise in Canada. For personal reasons I want and need to work in this country.

I should rewrite the MCAT, since my score is just over 5 years old and it is balanced but not stellar compared to others who post here.

I'm only 29 and apparently look 25 (yay for winning the genetic lottery!) so I'll keep on trying for now and see where life leads me in the meantime. There is definitely more to life than getting in and going to med school!! ;)

I like your spirit. But do not despair my fellow "rejectee". A buddy of mine got in this year after trying for 7yr hard years. The key is to not give up and also not put your life on hold while you wait to get int. This dude had a decent job, got married, saved money, bought a place and he's even expecting a baby this year. So really, if you want it bad which am sure you do, don't give it up but at the same time get your life going. Age is but a number and 29 is very young son. I feel i'll see you at orientation next yr..Amen!!!

I like your spirit. But do not despair my fellow "rejectee". A buddy of mine got in this year after trying for 7yr hard years. The key is to not give up and also not put your life on hold while you wait to get int. This dude had a decent job, got married, saved money, bought a place and he's even expecting a baby this year. So really, if you want it bad which am sure you do, don't give it up but at the same time get your life going. Age is but a number and 29 is very young son. I feel i'll see you at orientation next yr..Amen!!!

lol @ 'son'...I'm a girl. :D

Thanks for the kind words!

Archived