Premed 101 Forums

IP Waitlist 2009

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:eek: Hey guys, i got in off the waitlist yesterday at 4:20pm and i will be accepting. Ive been trying for med for 3 years now...after being rejected 2 years in a row it feels so good to get in =). Don't lose hope, the waitlist is still moving. Trust me..if i can do it, i know all of u can too!

Good luck to all of u!

Stats:

MCAT: 32 R (11 PS, 11 BS, 10 VR)

cGPA 3.5 (i know... GPA is def. not the reason I got in lol)

Lots of ECs: a lot and varied

I think i received an interview because my ECs brought up my score...and I felt i did really well during the interview

I know a IP who was accepted off the waitlist at both U of C and U of A. He accepted at U of C first but will be giving up his IP seat once his U of A paperwork goes through.

So there should be at least one IP seat opening up soon.

Good Luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear.

Called admissions earlier today. The very nice lady on the phone said the class is basically full and that dr.walker might be sending the class full email soon. She said that they pretty much have all deposits in but reminded me that anything could happen (ie, someone might pay and then drop out last minute). I though i'd let everyone else still waiting know.

I'm still in shock that I was accepted IP this afternoon (even got a nice phone call from Adele, since I pestered her at the office enough times!). Anyway, my stats are:

GPA: approx 3.7/3.9 best 2 years

MCAT: 35Q (10, 10, 15V)

ECs: kind of unusual, in that I've been out of university for 14 years. Lots of work experience, especially in outdoor education, mountain guiding, ski patrolling, as well as a reasonable career as a magazine writer.

Interviews went OK, but I'm pretty sure I bombed the written questions.

Good luck to all those still waiting - there's still some hope!!

I'm still in shock that I was accepted IP this afternoon (even got a nice phone call from Adele, since I pestered her at the office enough times!). Anyway, my stats are:

GPA: approx 3.7/3.9 best 2 years

MCAT: 35Q (10, 10, 15V)

ECs: kind of unusual, in that I've been out of university for 14 years. Lots of work experience, especially in outdoor education, mountain guiding, ski patrolling, as well as a reasonable career as a magazine writer.

Interviews went OK, but I'm pretty sure I bombed the written questions.

Good luck to all those still waiting - there's still some hope!!

CONGRATS!!! gives me a little hope, i just want this **** to be over. Its really tough not knowing whether i should start on applications again.

I forgot to add my stats for getting off the waitlist from 2 weeks ago, but here it is:

Accepted off IP Waitlist (June 16th)

BMSc (2007), MSc (2009)

Undergraduate GPA (according to U of Calgary): 3.37

Graduate GPA: 3.9

MCAT: BS-11; VR-11; PS-12; WS-S

EC: decent

I have declined the offer. Good luck to all of you waiting!

Archived