Premed 101 Forums

IP Waitlist 2009

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, if anyone wants a smidgen of hope I haven't declined my waitlist acceptance yet. I have until tomorrow but U of A has still not confirmed receipt of my deposit so I haven't as of yet - I will call their office today though. As long as it doesn't sound totally sketchy I will take my name of the list as I don't have an extra $500 to pay for security. There may be others that have paid deposits they do not plan on keeping though, and they may not get their names removed until they actually register for classes or something.

THere are at least a few out there, and it was already something of a lottery to begin with, but at least it is a lottery you are still in.

Good luck!

:D

There's probably 5% of interviewees, if that, posting on PM101. The sample size here is insignificant

well in that case, do you know of anybody in real life that has gotten an ip offer since ninjaface last monday? i dont

I personally know about 7 pre-meds, so no. But I can nearly guarentee there's at least 10-15 more IP spots that will become available before classes start.

Why?

- People will get into U of A/another school which is their 1st choice and forfeit their spot

- People will get in off the waitlist who are already committed to another school and reject the spot given to them (i.e. Ninja)

- Things will come up (not finished grad work, pregnancy, financial issues, etc) and people will give up their spots

Most spots are taken and most of us might as well start planning for another year not in med school, but the class is not full and spots will still be available for a month +

WOW!

Received a wait-list offer today at 9:20am, and will be accepting (IP)

I had pretty much given up hope for this cycle!

MCAT 29 R (11, 10, 8)

GPA: ~ 3.6

ECs: non traditional - no hospital / no research. Mostly sport related activities

I must have done really well on interview day!!

To everyone else that is waiting, best of luck!

Hi everyone, just wanted to let you all know that I finally sent in my decline for my U of C spot today (Monday) in the late afternoon, in favor of the U of A. I was one of those super bums who needed an extended period of time to decide between the two schools (plus wanted confirmation from the U of A that I was in), so I appologize for not taking my name off sooner. The good news is, my seat is up for grabs, so congrats to whoever gets it :) Also I am sure there are at least a few more bums like me who accepted multiple schools and haven't declined UC yet, so don't give up hope!

Archived