Premed 101 Forums

IP Waitlist 2009

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL. omg.

I got in off the waitlist today for UofC. I just sent in my acceptance/deposit to UofA because it was my first choice.

So I will be declining this offer, as soon as UofA tells me I'm definitely in...

The subject line was hilarious: "Yahoo!!"

I received it today at 2:59. FYI: If you're accepting off the waitlist, the deadline is June4th now.

WOW, I got in! I can't believe it. I guess I won't have to pack my bags for Ireland after all. I wish you guys the best of luck and to give you hope my GPA was about 3.3-3.4 with retakes in chem and physics and my MCAT is 33Q.

You guys are all so great and I would be honored to see you in class.

Congrats! No waiting til Friday for you! Can you post your stats and the time of the email?

Sorry it took me a while to get back, been pretty excited all day.

Ok stats were

31 Q MCAT (11 PS, 11 BS and 9 V)

cGPA 3.91

Email was sent at 3:17 Mountain Standard

Hospital work experience, church volunteering and 7 years Fire fighting (forest)

Lots of sports, music, outdoor activities for EC

References were the Director of the Hospital I worked at, An OR Nurse and my supervisor from firefighting.

Hope that helps and good luck guys!

Definitely very surprised by the email in my inbox today. I thought the waitlist doesn't start moving until June!

Still too surprised right now to be celebrating... Also wondering if this -- You must have maintained a GPA of at least 3.20/4.00 for any coursework which was completed during the 2008-2009 academic year. means that getting 71% on one of my courses this year is okay... lol

In regards to stats... i have to say that I am definitely a very average person...definitely not the premed intense type. My grades were about 83%, I took the MCAT twice - 29Q and then 30N (didn't learn my lesson... "What?! It's a week until the MCAT again? ARGH"), and i honestly don't think my extracurriculars were that spectacular by any means. I always just did the random things i wanted to... i.e. kung fu, mentoring, some random summer jobs in the food industry, participated in some clubs... I'm infamous for my chillax, "stop worrying guys! so what if it's due tomorrow? the night is still young!" attitude. So, for future generations that may be reading this... have hope! :) The everyman has a chance too :)

I know of two people (and one of them knows one more) who just accepted the offer within the last hour.

From what I have heard, all of those who declined or did not respond by the 25th had their seats offered to waitlisters yesterday and this morning.

From what I have heard, all of those who declined or did not respond by the 25th had their seats offered to waitlisters yesterday and this morning.

That is quite honestly the worst news I have heard in a long time. I figured they would send out mass emails in a short time after the deadline. It will continue trickling I persume, but I guess the bulk of the seats have already been assigned. Damn!:mad:

I don't think everyone who declined waited till the last day.

I doubt it as well, but, mail can be slow (if people opted for that form of delivery) and it can take a while to get through ~180 responses. Also, I'm sure its not as simple as putting them in a 'yes' or 'no' pile and counting the respective piles. I think all data would need to be entered and it could be very time consuming depending on the number of staff working on it.

All I'm saying is that I'm optimistic that they still have more to come based on first round offers. If not, I'm disappointed, but impressed nonetheless they could get through them that quickly.

Did you hear this yourself from the admissions office?

Archived