Premed 101 Forums

IP Waitlist 2009

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was accepted to U of C today. I too will be declining the offer as soon as I am comfortable that U of A is not going to revoke my seat because of the fact my criminal record check will take over a month to get back.

See ya in August Exia and Version 2!

:)

3 for 3 on acceptances! I'm pleased with myself. Not as pleased as my mom though :D

I don't know if last year's cutoff was officially posted, but the lowest recorded score of a waitlister was in the low 68's. The last person to get in off the waitlist was a 69.00. I'm not sure what the change is? Maybe less waitlisters or maybe higher scores in general (though that's not consistent with the trend of their scores of accepted individuals decreasing over time).

With the Pre-MMI scores decreasing every year (for the past 5 years) I think PCC is right and this applicant pool just performed better at the interview this year. I'm glad U of C is releasing more info, I would love to see more data on the waitlist process after this admissions cycle is over with.

Thanks for the info, ninjaface.

I think it appears now that future offers are going to trickle out slowly.

Every time they make an offer on a different day, they give a different response date--approximately a week's time it looks like.

Everybody refuse! LOL...I wanna get to my name on the list :D;)

Doesnt seem like here has been much movement for us IPs in the past few days besides ninjaface (congrats), anybody hear any news about if/when more offers will come out? Is there still a large batch or is it just a small trickle of people now due to last minute change of plans / people who accept offers from multiple schools for more thinking time etc?

FYI to those as neurotic as me:

Called the admissions office yesterday... I think she told me the other week that MOST of the movement happens in the first week of June...I doubt it, but hey), so don't lose hope yet

So much for the first week of june idea, theres been like one ip offer on this site this week, lol. Has anybody spoke to admissions office recently, mabey the class is full. I think the waitlist letter said they would let us know within 3 days when it was full.

Archived