Premed 101 Forums

IP Waitlist 2009

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm with LostLamb - congrats to all who are getting in, but could we please see a few more posts with the phrase "but I'll be declining my spot!"

I would like to see that phrase too!

Congratulations everyone!

I just noticed that this thread has been viewed almost 20,000 times. If there were 200 of us on the waitlist at the start of this process, and 50 of those people got off the waitlist on May 25th, and half of all applicants are using this site, that leaves 75 of us who are responsible for the vast majority of those viewings. That means that, on average, we've each viewed this site 267 times, or about 8 times a day since May 15th. Of course, we probably don't check it much on weekends, since the office is closed and not much happens, so we're probably closer to 10 or 11 times a day. And that, of course, doesn't include the number of times we check the U of C home page and see that nothing has been added to the IP Waitlist thread so we don't bother checking it. Speaking from personal experience, I do that at least twice as often as I actually check into the thread. So I guess that means we're probably each checking this site at least 30 times a day, and assuming we sleep about 8 hours a night, that means we've been checking this site about every 30 minutes of our waking lives for the past month.

Thank God tomorrow is the weekend!

hahaha that is some math, OldDoc.

Yes, I will admit that I was compulsively checking this thread back at the beginning, and reading/rereading it when I was telling other 'offline' people about the number of offers given thus far, etc.

I try to limit myself to two-three viewings of the Calgary forum a day (:o lol..still a lot!), on the off chance that people are posting that the list has moved some more.

I am glad it is the weekend. Another week gone....good or bad.

Looking forward positively to next week!

Your fellow waitlister,

LL:)

:eek: I just got accepted off the waitlist today and I am still in shock!! This has been the ultimate dream come true for me as it has been a long wait (4 years) but a great learning experience.

I will be definitely be accepting.

For fellow wait-listers keep your hopes up, keep dreaming and never give up. :)

:eek: I just got accepted off the waitlist today and I am still in shock!! This has been the ultimate dream come true for me as it has been a long wait (4 years) but a great learning experience.

congrats!!! live the dream

Hey Woot99!

I'm so happy for you. I remember you from previous years, and how heart broken you were after each time. Enjoy it, you totally deserve it, and congrats as your perseverance really paid off!!!

Thanks for all your kind words it means a lot to me. When you have to go through such a long wait you really learn to appreciate the acceptance.

My advice to anyone who still hasn't gotten in is to keep trying, if your heart is set on medicine; it will eventually happen. I've grown so much since my first year and I feel more ready now then ever before. Sometimes a little wait is a good thing just never ever give up!

Archived