Premed 101 Forums

IP Waitlist 2009

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep in mind that the U of A deadline for first round offers has not yet passed. There may be some who got off the U of C list yesterday/today who may yet get an offer from U of A and choose to go there if that's their first choice.

We can speculate until the cows come home...I'll not give up hope until I get the 'class full' email.

Best of luck and congrats to those who got off the waitlist!!!!

K another thing everyone: there are going to be people like me who already accepted UofA, but just got into UofC off the waitlist. I'll be declining my offer ASAP, i just want to double-check that I'm for sure guaranteed my spot at UofA.

I can bet this will happen to more than just 1 person who got in off the waitlist... I bet theres even people who put in a deposit for UofC but are still considering UofA or other schools that have a deadline of May29th or June1st

If you look at last year's waitlist, there was fair bit a movement right after the deadline and barely any after that until the increase in seats was announced. This year, the increase has already been accounted for, so we won't see the type of movement that occurred last year.

I am going to Ireland.:cool:

If you look at last year's waitlist, there was fair bit a movement right after the deadline and barely any after that until the increase in seats was announced. This year, the increase has already been accounted for, so we won't see the type of movement that occurred last year.

I am going to Ireland.:cool:

I was on the UofC wait list last year as well and I share your sentiments.

I was wait listed again this year and considering that most of the wait list movement has already occurred, I'm preparing myself for attending med school in the US. :(

I was on the UofC wait list last year as well and I share your sentiments.

I was wait listed again this year and considering that most of the wait list movement has already occurred, I'm preparing myself for attending med school in the US. :(

When close to 200 people are on the waitlist, it really does lose meaning.

Are you guessing or do you know how many are on the waitlist??

I think Conan is right about the numbers. I know some people from the previous adcoms and they think that the 1:1 ratio (waitlisters to those accepted) seems right.

bit of a tangent, but i hear u of a's waitlist is way shorter, anyone have any idea?

I think Conan is right about the numbers. I know some people from the previous adcoms and they think that the 1:1 ratio (waitlisters to those accepted) seems right.

FYI to those as neurotic as me:

Called the admissions office yesterday (could Adelle be any more lovely?). They said they sent out invites in bulk on Monday but for the rest of the time they're going to be sending them day to day as they become available.

There's also going to be some decent movement next week too (in fact I think she told me the other week that MOST of the movement happens in the first week of June...I doubt it, but hey), so don't lose hope yet

Just got off the phone with the admissions department, and apparently in past years they've actually had to call people the night before school starts to offer them a position! So hope certainly does spring eternal. The bad news is that this wait list purgatory could stretch on for another two months!

Yikes.

Archived