Premed 101 Forums

Is English an absolute requirement!!

I'm pretty sure if it says "a year of English required," they require a year of English...otherwise they'd say "a year of humanities required."

Just take it through Athabasca or something, it's not that hard. I got As in both, so they actually improved my GPA.

I'm pretty sure if it says "a year of English required," they require a year of English...otherwise they'd say "a year of humanities required."

Just take it through Athabasca or something, it's not that hard. I got As in both, so they actually improved my GPA.

How exactly did you do that? I'm already out of school...BSc & MSc. Is this some online course i can take? It's almost June and i'm applying for next year do you think there will be enough time to complete the requirement??? Can you send me some links, if you have 'em??

Thanks!!

How exactly did you do that? I'm already out of school...BSc & MSc. Is this some online course i can take? It's almost June and i'm applying for next year do you think there will be enough time to complete the requirement??? Can you send me some links, if you have 'em??

Thanks!!

Here's the list of English courses (click on ENGL):

http://www2.athabascau.ca/course/ug_subject/ef.php#e

You can register with them as an Open Studies/Unclassified student (that's what I did):

https://tux.athabascau.ca/oros/servlet/DispatcherServlet

You can start a course on the 1st of any month, provided you register no later than the 10th of the preceding month (so, if you wanted to start a course on July 1st, you should register by June 10th).

Schools only require you to be done pre-reqs by June of entrance year, so you have plenty of time.

Thanks buddy!! Going for ENGL 211:Prose Forms and ENGL 255:Introductory Composition. Will that suffice?? are those the courses you took??

Cheers.

Hey, I took mine back in undergrad through my alma mater. I think Law took English through AU this semester, maybe even though 2 courses, so ask him.

Any two will do. I took 2 first year english composition courses and they accepted it. I think their website says you need 1 english lit. I called them about it and they told me my 2 english comp courses will suffice.

Archived