Premed 101 Forums

The Omsas 2009-2010 Thread

There are certain activities which I did after finishing my undergrad degree. I am not a grad student. Can I list "non-degree student" for Level Of Education tab as I am taking some random courses and that is exactly what my transcript says. That is "Non Degree Student."

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are certain activities which I did after finishing my undergrad degree. I am not a grad student. Can I list "non-degree student" for Level Of Education tab as I am taking some random courses and that is exactly what my transcript says. That is "Non Degree Student."

Yeah, that's what I did.

hey guys.. i've had a couple of employments where i've taken a year or two off in the middle and gone back.. should i list these two separately or together?

for example, from 2004-2007, then again in 2008-2009

if i don't list them together, it seems like a waste of sketch space, no?

thanks!

Question: Should Dean's List be entered each time you got it, or should I make just one entry? They differ in what years they were given and I'm not sure how I would indicate that. Same thing with a scholarship I got twice. Thoughts?

I had the same situation

For Dean's list, you can say you were on it for X number of years and list it once

Scholarships, I put one entry and stated that I recieved it X number of times

I have a couple of last minute questions that I could really use some advice on, and for which OMSAS people weren't able to provide any info.

1) One of my verifiers is moving Oct.30, so her address is changing. Which address should I use?

2) I'm very low on volunteer activities, so the more I can include, the better. But one (of two) that I have, I've not been able to find a verifier for. It's from grade 12 (so a long time ago). Should I include it, or would it be risky for me to include something I've got no verifier for?

I have a couple of last minute questions that I could really use some advice on, and for which OMSAS people weren't able to provide any info.

1) One of my verifiers is moving Oct.30, so her address is changing. Which address should I use?

2) I'm very low on volunteer activities, so the more I can include, the better. But one (of two) that I have, I've not been able to find a verifier for. It's from grade 12 (so a long time ago). Should I include it, or would it be risky for me to include something I've got no verifier for?

Use the address she's moving to.

Hmmm...find someone who can say "yes, spiderpig did that"...they don't necessarily have to be from the organization.

Guest viscous

I jsut decided to delete my first verifier from the list. Now the numbering of the others does not change! am I supposed to reenter them? Its good that it does not change as I dont have re-change the cross-references. But, is it bad if my verifier list starts with (2).

If you have documentation for awards, you are suppose to put 'documentation available" in description box. However, what if i dont have enough room to put "documentation available" in the description box? Will (0) mean the same thing since you put 0 in the verifier box in the details?

I jsut decided to delete my first verifier from the list. Now the numbering of the others does not change! am I supposed to reenter them? Its good that it does not change as I dont have re-change the cross-references. But, is it bad if my verifier list starts with (2).

No, leave it as it is. I did that last year (I had a bunch of number missing like between 5-9), and it was fine.

If you have documentation for awards, you are suppose to put 'documentation available" in description box. However, what if i dont have enough room to put "documentation available" in the description box? Will (0) mean the same thing since you put 0 in the verifier box in the details?

That's why I decided to put myself down as a verifier, so that I could put "documentation available" in the comments section. I don't know if that's a good way to do it though.

Guest viscous

ok now that kinda got me worried. What if I have verifiers for my awards? Do I still need to mention that I have "documentation available?"

Guest viscous

Has anyone successful experience with OMSAS for correcting spelling mistakes AFTER the submission of application? I mean spelling mistakes not due to poor spelling skills but rather poor typing skills and not catching the mistake while reviewing. For example typing university as univeristy.

Archived