Premed 101 Forums

Driving school - formal education? or is it cheesy?

Hi!

I am working on my med application and I was thinking of putting my 2 months of driving school course\attendance under formal education. Is that ok, or is it too cheesy?also, is it worth adding high school diploma under formal education?

How about a training course I took on how to handle animals and animal care rights in research?

Thanks guys

Hi!

I am working on my med application and I was thinking of putting my 2 months of driving school course\attendance under formal education. Is that ok, or is it too cheesy?

also, is it worth adding high school diploma under formal education?

Thanks guys

I would not include either one...All applicants should have a high school diploma or the equivalent, and most applicants will have attended driving school. They would probably laugh at you if you wrote it...

Hi!

I am working on my med application and I was thinking of putting my 2 months of driving school course\attendance under formal education. Is that ok, or is it too cheesy?also, is it worth adding high school diploma under formal education?

How about a training course I took on how to handle animals and animal care rights in research?

Thanks guys

It is worth adding high school, but driving school is just way too cheesy

I wouldn't add driving school; it kinda seems lame.

I did add high school though, since it says to add everything since the age of 16 and I had extra spaces.

I also had to get animal handling/ethics training for my research lab and I included that under formal education. I had the space so I figured I would. It's not like the adcoms are going to look at it and judge me on that one inclusion (although, you never know!) If they don't care, they'll (most likely) just ignore it.

I wouldn't add driving school; it kinda seems lame.

I did add high school though, since it says to add everything since the age of 16 and I had extra spaces.

I also had to get animal handling/ethics training for my research lab and I included that under formal education. I had the space so I figured I would. It's not like the adcoms are going to look at it and judge me on that one inclusion (although, you never know!) If they don't care, they'll (most likely) just ignore it.

WOW...doesn't everyone have to get animal handling and ethics? In that case, everyone also needs to have WHIMS training before working in a lab. Is everyone really trying to fill up all 48 spots? :eek:

WOW...doesn't everyone have to get animal handling and ethics? In that case, everyone also needs to have WHIMS training before working in a lab. Is everyone really trying to fill up all 48 spots? :eek:

No. I filled up whatever I needed to and got about 22 (I think...perhaps a few more).

Don't try to just fill the 48 slots...it'll be noticeable.

lol. I should include WHMIS...

But seriously, I obviously don't know about your university, but at mine very few students have the animal training required to work in the neuroscience labs. Since it was something different, I included it in my sketch; not because I was trying to get to 48, I simply had the space available. I guess it's a matter of personal opinion.

Archived