Premed 101 Forums

Men: What colour suit?

PastaInhaler

I'm sure it's not necessary, I was just saying it was the norm last year.

edit: I may have also been there during a particularly suited up time slot lol.

You can get a suit fairly cheap at Moore's (probably less than 200 if you really look), or if you have roommates/friends similarly built to you maybe borrow one?

Yeah it doesn't have to be an amazing suit and their are good reasonably priced ones if you are typical in body size etc. How tall are you etc, if you don't mind me asking?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'm the type of guy that really prefers to buy things once. So I'd rather wait and buy a nice-ish suit in the summer (when I have more $ and time to shop around) than buy a cheap suit now that isn't very nice or that I'll have to replace in a year or two.

I'm 6'1", but believe it or not that makes me one of the shortest in my group of friends and therefore borrowing isn't an option. ;)

Black suit with light blue shirt, an matching blue striped tie, black belt?

also, do shoes ahve to look brand new? b/c i have good shoes but i have used them and obviously have some wear in them.. i do plan on polishing and cleaning it up, but its probably the worst part in my outfit... it shouldn't matter rite?

Black suit with light blue shirt, an matching blue striped tie, black belt?

also, do shoes ahve to look brand new? b/c i have good shoes but i have used them and obviously have some wear in them.. i do plan on polishing and cleaning it up, but its probably the worst part in my outfit... it shouldn't matter rite?

Just going for professional, not a magazine model lol.

As long as your shoes are in decent shape, and especially if polished, I'm sure you'll be fine. If the toe is ripped off and you can see your sock sticking out, that's another issue haha.

the majority of the people I saw back then had black (or some type of variation of black ex. black with pinstripes) suits. i wore a fully black suit and a light blue shirt, i cannot remember my tie color. remember that medicine is a conservative profession, it isn't the interview you want to walk into with the newest trendiest suit that looks like it belongs at a night club rather than a medical school interview.

So I've been wearing my formal loafers around the past few days. I've wiped out a couple of times because of all the snow/slush we've had the past few days. None of my loafers have any grip.

Anyone think it's a bad idea to wear black sneakers with a black suit to an interview. It would save me from getting injured before the interview.

So I've been wearing my formal loafers around the past few days. I've wiped out a couple of times because of all the snow/slush we've had the past few days. None of my loafers have any grip.

Anyone think it's a bad idea to wear black sneakers with a black suit to an interview. It would save me from getting injured before the interview.

haha wear loafers, walk carefully.

Depending on where you interview, you can get dropped off within steps of the door... Get inside and you're golden.

Archived