Premed 101 Forums

Women's attire

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay good because I really like the dress look too, but for some reason nobody's mentioned it and I thought maybe that was because it was inappropriate for some reason or another. But they do look really nice and formal.

This is late but just in case any other females are reading in prep for their interview...

I wore a dress to my interview this year and was worried I'd be the only one. I was the only one ... but in the end I felt good about my choice. Apparently it didn't hurt me because I was accepted.

It was from Le Chateau and brown (again a little different). I made sure it was below the knee, had thick straps, thick material and I paired it with a conservative cardigan. I was happy about my choice in the end because I hate blazers, not comfy or flattering. I foung being comfortable translated to being confident!

Bootcuts are always classic; but I would say no if they are "skinnies" :)

I agree! A friend of mine tried on a pair of pretty slim-legged pants with a suit jacket and it just looked too casual. It might not look the same on you but Renin's right about bootcut, classic and almost universally flattering. Try that or a straight leg pant (or skirt or dress if it's not working!).

I agree! A friend of mine tried on a pair of pretty slim-legged pants with a suit jacket and it just looked too casual. It might not look the same on you but Renin's right about bootcut, classic and almost universally flattering. Try that or a straight leg pant (or skirt or dress if it's not working!).

Yeah; if pants don't' work out for you - don't give up (especially if you have your heart set on pants) - I hate pants.

Yes, was just referring to the jacket and skirt, not the shirt and heels! :)

I'd do it - you'd stand out; but I think it a positive way. I adore this outfit. :) I concur though; you may wish to tone it down with some plain black pumps.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

I recently bought myself a beige skirt/blazer set, and I wanted to know if it would be acceptable to wear it for the interview. Is beige too casual or too summery? My interview dates are April 24 and April 29. Thank you! :)

Hello!

I recently bought myself a beige skirt/blazer set, and I wanted to know if it would be acceptable to wear it for the interview. Is beige too casual or too summery? My interview dates are April 24 and April 29. Thank you! :)

those seem like late interview dates! what if you have a final exam?

I saw beige suits at both my interviews. I even saw a girl in a cream suit (she must have been hoping the chairs were clean before she sat down lol). Beige is fine to wear, but if you aren't going to feel comfortable, get something else. Wear whatever will make you not worry about it :)

those seem like late interview dates! what if you have a final exam?

I saw beige suits at both my interviews. I even saw a girl in a cream suit (she must have been hoping the chairs were clean before she sat down lol). Beige is fine to wear, but if you aren't going to feel comfortable, get something else. Wear whatever will make you not worry about it :)

Thank you very much for your reply! I really do hope the chairs are clean!

I'm a CEGEP level student in Quebec, so my exams are only around mid-May. I really do feel comfortable and confident in my suit, but I'm just afraid that the colour is a little too casual. :)

Thank you very much for your reply! I really do hope the chairs are clean!

I'm a CEGEP level student in Quebec, so my exams are only around mid-May. I really do feel comfortable and confident in my suit, but I'm just afraid that the colour is a little too casual. :)

If you are worried about looking too casual you could wear a collared shirt under it. And ahhh I see, that makes sense then :P

Hello!

I would vote too casual - you -might- be able to get away with a beige blazer and more traditional coloured shirt and skirt (I'm thinking navy, blue, maybe red); but an entire suit that is beige would probably be risky.

haha well I'm assuming renin is more of an expert than I am on this topic considering the blog - but I did see multiple girls with beige suits at my interviews, and one was the beginning of March. That obviously doesn't mean it's "correct" or whatever, but I thought they looked fine/nice/professional, and with a collared shirt especially I think it would look professional enough. That being said, it's always better to err on the side of caution for this stuff I suppose.

I will also note that I saw multiple girls at my interview with no suit at all (just a blouse with no jacket), and a suit of any colour looks better than that. I just can't see an interviewer faulting someone for wearing a beige suit? That seems a bit bizarre to me.

haha well I'm assuming renin is more of an expert than I am on this topic considering the blog - but I did see multiple girls with beige suits at my interviews, and one was the beginning of March. That obviously doesn't mean it's "correct" or whatever, but I thought they looked fine/nice/professional, and with a collared shirt especially I think it would look professional enough. That being said, it's always better to err on the side of caution for this stuff I suppose.

I will also note that I saw multiple girls at my interview with no suit at all (just a blouse with no jacket), and a suit of any colour looks better than that. I just can't see an interviewer faulting someone for wearing a beige suit? That seems a bit bizarre to me.

Of course no one is going to call you out on your suit ... it's like, wearing open toed shoes. They're stylish and people love them - but it's probably safer at an interview to err on the side of caution, and if you are going to be "adventurous" to not go all out :)

I don't think I'd personally wear a beige suit (or any suit that wasn't navy, grey or black) - but I won't let that sway my opinion. I am not an expert in the matter, of course, and coloured suits are very, very trendy right now :)

• 10 months later...

Sorry to revive an old thread but I was wondering if this would be appropriate attire:

-Typical black blazer + skirt

-This type of blouse http://www.rw-co.com/default.aspx?action=collectiondetails&language=en&id=3600&topid=150 (I really dislike wearing collared shirts... is this type of a blouse too casual/inappropriate?)

-Black flats (I am not comfortable with heels... is that an issue?)

Thanks for the help :)

Archived