Premed 101 Forums

What inspired you to pursue medicine?

C2U2

wow bittter much?

and i never said i CHOSE dermatology strictly because of the cosmetics, i said that I didn't mind doing the cosmetics. Don't skew my words.

and if you think you know so much about me after reading a couple posts than you really shouldn't be pursuing medicine with all that judgement.

AND don't you dare call me princess.

I wouldn't have included that last statement...you're just asking for it.

I think you are confusing people when you say cosmetics--do you mean reparation? Dealing with facial acne? Or do you mean using cosmetics? Not everyone completely understands what a dermatologist does and I believe a lot of people are assuming you don't either.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wow bittter much?

and i never said i CHOSE dermatology strictly because of the cosmetics, i said that I didn't mind doing the cosmetics. Don't skew my words.

and if you think you know so much about me after reading a couple posts than you really shouldn't be pursuing medicine with all that judgement.

AND don't you dare call me princess.

Oh yes, your pure drive for dermatology embittered me to dust, my post was written with the deepest rancor.

And this antipathy has made me as judgemental as one can get. Let me tell you how I am. When I become a Doctor (a dermatologist!) and a patient walks in, I will diagnose him before he can even begin to think about how to explain his problem to me.

And you will parallel this somehow when someone walks into your spa!

I wouldn't have included that last statement...you're just asking for it.

I think you are confusing people when you say cosmetics--do you mean reparation? Dealing with facial acne? Or do you mean using cosmetics? Not everyone completely understands what a dermatologist does and I believe a lot of people are assuming you don't either.

Fair reasoning, when I say cosmetics I mean cosmetic procedures so everything from basic acne consultations to laser tattoo removal. However the field of dermatology I am really interested in and would love to sub-specialize in is more of the dermo-pathology so more of the anatomy and physiology of the skin. I do NOT mean applying make-up, and if this is what trymeover thought than I guess the esthetician comment was some-what justified ;).

And estairella I can see how I am coming off as indignant in this thread, but I’m just gonna chalk it up to being new on the boards and not yet knowing all the different personalities. :o

• 9 months later...
The super hot chicks from highschool are gonna become gold-diggers, and I wanna lure them with my MD salary...and when they think they're set with me, I'm gonna rip their hearts out by dumping them in the cruelest ways possible.

Lets see if the interview really weeds out psychos... ha ha ha HA HA!

hahahahah you and me both brother

• 2 weeks later...

i'd do derm if i wasn't too much of a slacker to match into it... nothing like a 40 hour a week residency, and half a mil to work 30 hours a week when i'm done... plus you actually do help people feel better, people don't like acne :), at least i'm honest with myself eh? that's what i love about derm keeners, no cognitive dissonance there :P

I find it offensive that you followed your around aunt around for a couple of hours when you're 16 and decided dermatology is the perfect job for you.

And by the way dermatology is much more lucrative than esthetician princess.

Anyhow, doing facials and manicures is definitely perfect for someone who chooses to do a medical speciality because they feel the ultimate 'confidence boost' is when someone has a 'good skin day'. ahahaahaha, ohh ahhh, ha ha, (clenches stomach)

Archived