Premed 101 Forums

McMaster MD Program: Class of 2013!

Nemesis - don't feel bad about your hedonistic lazy summer! I have not done a lick of work on my thesis yet, short of meeting with my supervisor to find out that she's delegating some of the work to her summer student and taking some on herself. Yessssssssss :D

I have been sleeping in 'til 11, working 2-3 (short) days a week, and going away every weekend! Also, looks like I'll be running away to Costa Rica for 10 days before the start of school! I plan to finish my thesis in 2 or 3 17 hour days in a row, right before I go away :P

Still trying to figure out the OSAP thing. It's disconcerting to learn that my SIN number is not new to their system, but their information doesn't match my name and birthdate......I'm hoping for a mix-up, not identity fraud!

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...I have been sleeping in 'til 11...

Haha, this sounds like me! :D

...It's disconcerting to learn that my SIN number is not new to their system...

This happened to me, as well. ;)

Then I remembered that I had tried (and failed!) to apply for OSAP during my undergraduate program. So I simply dug up my old OAN # and it worked out. :)

Still trying to figure out the OSAP thing. It's disconcerting to learn that my SIN number is not new to their system, but their information doesn't match my name and birthdate......I'm hoping for a mix-up, not identity fraud!

This happened to me too!

...procrastination! :P

I have yet to...

1) secure my LoC,

2) attend my CPR-HCP course,

3) retrieve my PRC from HPS,

4) find an apartment in Hamilton,

5) ..., 6) ..., I'll think of all the other things I haven't yet done, later...;)

funny-pictures-procrastination-cat.jpg

:D

I have yet to...

1) secure my LoC,

2) attend my CPR-HCP course,

3) retrieve my PRC from HPS,

4) find an apartment in Hamilton,

5) ..., 6) ..., I'll think of all the other things I haven't yet done, later...;)

funny-pictures-procrastination-cat.jpg

:D

I'm done everything on that list except #4. The last piece of the puzzle....lol. Btw does anyone know the instructions to submitting the PRC? Just the original to MD admissions and keep a copy for ourselves? How 'bout the health records? And the CPR? lol. I tend to lose/forget instructions easily. :D

apartment-hunters, check out http://www.padmapper.com (yes, somebody also posted it in the macmd forum!)

I have been checking it daily even though I have a place 95% lined up now (just waiting on my credit check), and I noticed today that there are quite a few nice-looking places that have sprung up fairly close to campus. Also, check out viewit.ca, it's a little more frustrating to try to get the location you want but all the best places are listed there.

I can't help you much with the procrastination problem though, I am suffering from a bit of that myself ;)

(thesis? what thesis? :P )

...I still need to find a place. :)

We should go check out places when I get back! I'm still 50/50 on living in Hamilton or commuting from Missi. I just want a non-ghetto place with stuff close by! Can't believe thats so hard to find! lol. Let me know if you're down. You can also catch a ride in my car. :cool:

We should go check out places when I get back! I'm still 50/50 on living in Hamilton or commuting from Missi. I just want a non-ghetto place with stuff close by! Can't believe thats so hard to find! lol. Let me know if you're down. You can also catch a ride in my car. :cool:

Have you done this drive before during rush hour? Even in a sweet car it will be torturous :P

K I havent started anything cause I've been away for the last while... dang.

Are we supposed to have received a package in the mail from Wendy/Mac other than the response form package?

The only package I received from McMaster was the initial offer package.

I believe those who accepted the offer can expect to receive another package sometime during the summer.

:)

P.S. Oh, and don't worry, I haven't traveled anywhere so far and I've yet to complete many of the offer requirements! ;)

The only package I received from McMaster was the initial offer package.

I believe those who accepted the offer can expect to receive another package sometime during the summer.

:)

P.S. Oh, and don't worry, I haven't traveled anywhere so far and I've yet to complete many of the offer requirements! ;)

sweet thanks bro. look forward to meeting in person!

I'm done everything on that list except #4. The last piece of the puzzle....lol. Btw does anyone know the instructions to submitting the PRC? Just the original to MD admissions and keep a copy for ourselves? How 'bout the health records? And the CPR? lol. I tend to lose/forget instructions easily. :D

Health records go to MDCL room 3101. I assume you can send the CPR certificate and PRC to the same place, since this is the McMaster Medicine faculty office. I stopped by there the other day and the very friendly women at the receptionist desk have a chart with all of our names on it. They check off documents as they come in.

Anyone else living around here...:

400px-HessVillageHamilton.jpg

;)

Likewise. :)

Hey nemesis - Just to make you aware in case you weren't, Hess is a street full of bars and clubs. Fun to go to, but I'm not sure how comfortable it will be to live there. I've never known anyone who lived there so I don't know but maybe you can ask some existing tenants if they ever have noise or drunken student issues.

hey guys,

I'm a bit confused by the payment arrangement form and the deadline to hand that form in. Is it due June30th with the payment? or is the payment due on Sept1st?

Thanks for the help.

From my understanding, the deadline to hand in the form is June 30th - the filling out of the form is to inform them of your method of payment. However, the actual payment can come later (and cheque can be post-dated if you so choose). Please correct me if I'm wrong! :)

K guys, soooo I decided to live really close to campus instead of commuting. Where can I find a non-ghetto place thats hopefully walkable to campus and not shared? And has safe parking for my car. :D

That is a pipe dream. Be prepared to live at least 25-30 min away from campus. See my (and other peoples') reviews in the Housing thread.

Archived