Premed 101 Forums

Easiest Medical School to get into in Canada?

CMF

What's the easiest medical school to get into in Canada?

I hate to tell you this, but the easiest school to get into is the one that has accepted you. :D

Seriously, none of them are easy to get into. They each have their own emphasis. Generally speaking, you need as high a GPA aspossible and to have demonstrated by your activities that you have the requisite leadership, initiaitve, collaborative and communication skills, compassion, dedication, etc to make yourself a competitive applicant in the pool of your year. And ofc ourse, you nered to ace the MMI or Interview on a competititve basis.

There is no free lunch or secret recipe. It is hard work over many years, and then you need to be aware of the lottery effect. Excellent candidiates asre routinely rejected every year.

I disagree. A member here with lower than competitive GPA got to the interview, more than likely based upon the interview. The Interview was a smashing success! Result - an acceptance!! Alas, the member did not accept the offer.

I believe the member you're referring to requested special consideration... so perhaps their AQ was higher than you think. Interview is 20% (verifiable through online studies). That 20% is taken out of the 40% NAQ pre-interview score. So 60% post-interview AQ is still the key.

actually for certain individuals, getting accepted at McGill OOP just went from next-to-impossible to likely

LOL yes. I can't believe I personally know such a person.

And for the rest of us, it's next to impossible. There are ~8 OOP spots at McGill so..........yeah

If you want more chances regardless of astronomical debts,U.S. is your best friend.

Canada's pros for Med Schools:Less expensive.

cons:More competitive.

U.S. Pros:A LOT easier to get into,tons of Med schools and you'll get accepted to AT LEAST one of them around the country,if you still don't get in,Ostheopathic Med Schools are an easier ride to Medical Residencies and require a smaller GPA.

Cons:EXPENSIVE,if you don't see yourself leaving with 200k debt as a Canadian resident then stay in Canada.

Really? What makes you guys say Mcgill OOP? Mcgill website is horribly hard to understand, I'm having a hard time just finding the pre-reqs

Agreed,they really need to kick out that ****in'web designer and hire some nerdy asian crank to do the job 10x better.

I disagree. A member here with lower than competitive GPA got to the interview, more than likely based upon the interview. The Interview was a smashing success! Result - an acceptance!! Alas, the member did not accept the offer.

meh that's pretty much my u of T story

statistically speaking, a few years back the in-province applicants for Sask had a 50% + success rate of getting in. (this is not after interview but all applicants together) so I guess Sask would be considered the "easiest" for their ip a few years back (thats when the stats were collected).

statistically speaking, a few years back the in-province applicants for Sask had a 50% + success rate of getting in. (this is not after interview but all applicants together) so I guess Sask would be considered the "easiest" for their ip a few years back (thats when the stats were collected).

OOP for Sask was 60% as well - of course they have an ultra GPA requirement though.

Really? What makes you guys say Mcgill OOP? Mcgill website is horribly hard to understand, I'm having a hard time just finding the pre-reqs

http://www.mcgill.ca/medicine/admissions/criteria/med-r-reqs/

McGill is making a new admissions website, but here are the med pre-reqs... theres even a link with "PRE-REQS" written on it lol... I don't know what's so hard to understand :rolleyes:

Archived