Premed 101 Forums

possible UWO faculty strike

I was at York during the last strike. I seriously hope you don't have to go through it. It was so stressful & frustrating.

From what I remember, the med schools that people applied to still required receiving transcripts by a certain date, despite the strike. If the strike was still on, then that med school applicants application was tossed.

As for how it might affect gpa calculations, not too sure, but I'm guessing it'll be the same thing. If the med schools don't receive the transcripts (from any year) by the time they need, the application will be tossed.

So the strike vote is tomorrow. If UWO faculty does indeed go on strike, how does that affect the GPA calculations and weightings etc? Anyone who went to york last year care to comment?

Well for the strike at windsor we lost 3 weeks... most curriculums got shortened and exams got squished and we managed to salvage our semester. that's most likely whats gonna happen with you too, because i think the same happened at york

Western isn't that bad of a school.

+1 for lots of hot girls

-1 for not having the goddamn time to really pursue any of them =/

+1 for when I get accepted to Western med and not have any work to do for the first 2 years allowing me to make up for lost time pursuing those hot girls

-1 for poor sentence structure of the last +1

+1 for lots of hot girls

+1 for when I get accepted to Western med and not have any work to do for the first 2 years allowing me to make up for lost time pursuing those hot girls

I wish med school was as chill at Toronto as you mentioned at western :mad:

Yup, it's not that unusual. More likely than not, they'll come to an agreement.

Absolutely - the union (like every union really) has to call for a strike vote prior to pretty much any negotiation as ultimately that is the only real power they have during contact renewal - the ability to be disruptive to the business somehow. And it is almost always passed by the members as if the vote did fail then the bargaining team would not be effective :)

+1 for lots of hot girls

So true bro! Just gotta find the right balance.

Wuck Festern.

Congratulations! :) You seem to have caught on to this funny little saying. Just for future reference, the W and F have been switched. It's like saying F**k Western. Many other universities thought students of Western were dumb, hence the change in the first letter of each word!

Amazing isn't it! Again, good job for being so creative! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived