Premed 101 Forums

Hope Box for people with no e-mails yet

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah...well, I've given up, just so that I could carry on with my life. :P But there hasn't been any new on Deborah's blog or this site, so I'd imagine that everyone's just waiting.

Yeah she still hasn't responded to my query :(

Oh well...I'm not checking my email again until Friday evening...I need to move on with my life and at least become somewhat productive again!

2 of my friends already heard from UT this past week, both rejections. Still waiting for my notice. It's really frustrating, I can't believe how long they are taking to notify students.

Thanks for letting us know about your friends. No rejections were posted this past week on the forums, so it's interesting to hear that some did go out. I was starting to think that UofT shut down the office for the week :rolleyes: .

Don't worry, you are not the only one still waiting. Unfortunately, the holistic process takes a long time!

However, if we deserve an interview, it will eventually come :)

Could anyone explain to me what exactly is a "holistic" review process? I keep on hearing it but couldn't figure out how it works..Thanks!

Instead of getting a computer to automatically cut a bunch of applicants the adcom sits down and reviews each person's file and decides on a case by case basis whether or not they should be offered an interview.

This way somewhat lower marks can be diluted by some spectacular event in your life or amazing references and an autobio to die for :P

Either way its done manually, so it takes a looooot longer than most schools who automatically cut a bunch of applicants and then start picking from a much smaller pool.

This is what I think too. Its a great idea as some schools just cut people off if they don't have x,y,z but UofT (and some other schools) make sure to include certain people as its clear they'd make great doctors. However, I think there is too much subjectivity in this process. It would be nice to rather have some sort of % of each component of our application (personal statement, GPA, ECs, MCAT, etc.) so, at the very least, we can understand what we did wrong and correct it next time. Again, its just an idea and UofT is a great school regardless.

They probably don't want you to correct it lol. I think the point is just you being who you are and they'll decide how good of a doctor you'll make.

Archived