Premed 101 Forums

Hope Box for people with no e-mails yet

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so sorry to hear of so many fantastic people getting rejected. I really was rooting hard for all of you guys, try not to lose the passion and motivation because of this brutal admissions process. Keep your eye on the prize and find a way to get to it. Even though it is disheartening, you will appreciate it so much more when you DO get in with all this perseverance.

Also, good luck to those who got invites! You have your chance to shine now, hope you guys knock 'em dead. :)

I'm so sorry to hear of so many fantastic people getting rejected. I really was rooting hard for all of you guys, try not to lose the passion and motivation because of this brutal admissions process. Keep your eye on the prize and find a way to get to it. Even though it is disheartening, you will appreciate it so much more when you DO get in with all this perseverance.

Also, good luck to those who got invites! You have your chance to shine now, hope you guys knock 'em dead. :)

I need to echo this. Perseverance pays off. I was rejected across the board last year and managed to snag an interview this year. Anything is possible if you keep trying.

A friend of mine in UofT med told me that her research supervisor received a new batch yesterday. So guys, things are moving and let's not lose hope yet (but at the same time, be realistic as well)

Have a fantastic weekend everyone!

hmmmmmmm

this is really interesting.

I have a theory.

Maybe each reviewer can only choose about 2-3 people to interview out of their batch.

This would explain the finite amount of people invited, as well as the apparent ongoingness of the process.

Guest Juicy.Fruit
hmmmmmmm

this is really interesting.

I have a theory.

Maybe each reviewer can only choose about 2-3 people to interview out of their batch.

This would explain the finite amount of people invited, as well as the apparent ongoingness of the process.

This means our files are reviewed by multiple reviewers on an ongoing basis? Then what do they mean by so-called "big review days" / "batches"???

But the process of batches going around between reviewers makes sense since we know getting an interview early doesn't necessarily mean you have a better chance. Maybe it just means that you were "selected" by a reviewer before the rest of us.

To add to this, perhaps you get a rejection once your file receives a "no" from 3 reviewers, for example.

Just wanted to wish those yet to hear from U/T the best of luck as they will undoubtedly find out their status in the next week or two. I know it's a hard wait but you're all almost there.

Thanks!!!!! And I also hope that some of us will hear excellent news in the next few days!!!!!!!

Archived