Premed 101 Forums

Hope Box for people with no e-mails yet

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice post Mitochondrial DNA. I have some more hope now. I guess this year they have to finish all notifications earlier (no April interview ). The only things that bother me is that the last big review day just passed...why does processing take a heck of a long time? Also, they probably would like to give everyone 2 weeks notification (March 5 and 6 are 2 weeks away so I do not expect anymore invitations for those dates). The remaining invitees will have no flexibility. It is scaring the bejeezus out of me. I went to one of those haunted houses when I was a kid and I got scared but man this is much worse.

nice post Mitochondrial DNA. I have some more hope now. I guess this year they have to finish all notifications earlier (no April interview ). The only things that bother me is that the last big review day just passed...why does processing take a heck of a long time? Also, they probably would like to give everyone 2 weeks notification (March 5 and 6 are 2 weeks away so I do not expect anymore invitations for those dates). The remaining invitees will have no flexibility. It is scaring the bejeezus out of me. I went to one of those haunted houses when I was a kid and I got scared but man this is much worse.

I must admit I completely wasted my day waiting around at home for the email. I was so sure they would send out a bunch of emails today. Argghhh, it was such a nice day outside too. I regret not spending the day more productively. Is the office closed this coming Monday?

They were on family day the year I applied. It is a stat holiday after all.

Best of luck when you time does come around!

I must admit I completely wasted my day waiting around at home for the email. I was so sure they would send out a bunch of emails today. Argghhh, it was such a nice day outside too. I regret not spending the day more productively. Is the office closed this coming Monday?

No problem! I thought I would funnel all of my stress into going through the threads again to see what happened last year. It seems like a pattern that the process takes long.

We don't know what goes on, or what processing means, so we just have to trust that they are doing their best to thoroughly go through our files before making decisions. There are people who haven't heard back (Deborah mentioned in her tweet that Leslie sent some invites, but she didn't say all - we can't automatically assume the # to be big) and there are people that need to reschedule the March 5/6 weekend, so we might actually hear from those.

As well, I didn't notice too many people posting for the 25th, so that might still have room.

I don't think we should worry about space/whether they have the room to interview us; we have just as much hope as we essentially did before todays rejections and invites - both rejections and invites will continue through next week.

I'm really hoping for the best for those still waiting. I never imagined in my whole life the waiting would be this stressful. The stressful component of it is that it is so random - it can happen any day. I plan to not think about med school this weekend and focus on everything I've been putting off (so many things to do!).

Hopefully Tuesday comes around with good news for us...this was the first day of invites after the grad review, so I am doubtful they got through all of their processing and invites in one day. Why else would Deborah say they'd be continuing through to mid-March (but hopefully earlier?)

No problem! I thought I would funnel all of my stress into going through the threads again to see what happened last year. It seems like a pattern that the process takes long.

We don't know what goes on, or what processing means, so we just have to trust that they are doing their best to thoroughly go through our files before making decisions. There are people who haven't heard back (Deborah mentioned in her tweet that Leslie sent some invites, but she didn't say all - we can't automatically assume the # to be big) and there are people that need to reschedule the March 5/6 weekend, so we might actually hear from those.

As well, I didn't notice too many people posting for the 25th, so that might still have room.

I don't think we should worry about space/whether they have the room to interview us; we have just as much hope as we essentially did before todays rejections and invites - both rejections and invites will continue through next week.

I'm really hoping for the best for those still waiting. I never imagined in my whole life the waiting would be this stressful. The stressful component of it is that it is so random - it can happen any day. I plan to not think about med school this weekend and focus on everything I've been putting off (so many things to do!).

Hopefully Tuesday comes around with good news for us...this was the first day of invites after the grad review, so I am doubtful they got through all of their processing and invites in one day. Why else would Deborah say they'd be continuing through to mid-March (but hopefully earlier?)

Undergrad still not heard anything back.

I was so stressed out back in 2010, ad I always found myself going through Acceptance/Waitlist thread multiple times everyday, going through Deborah Coomb's blog everyday, asking questions over and over, and calculating my chances and panic about how hopeless I am for U of T. Maybe because I was freaking out so much everyday last semester that I am not as stressed as I used to be.

Even though I would not be surprised if I don't get an interview, I'd be still disappointed if I don't. U of T has been my first choice all along after all....

Anyways, best luck to all others and hopefully I could hear some good news from Leslie (NOT Deborah!!!) sometime this week!!!!!

Archived