Premed 101 Forums

Hope Box for people with no e-mails yet

I don't know what to think/feel at this point either :( it's definitely rough waiting it out this long, and now with the long weekend, next week is even shorter.

Looking back at Deborah's tweets and the threads from last yr (note: I tried my best to get all of the dates):

Refusal dates:

Feburary 3

February 16

Feb 17 - interesting post addressing applicant concerns: http://utmedadmissions.wordpress.com/2010/02/17/in-answer-to-the-most-common-questions-today/

February 19

February 22

March 4

March 9 (note: Deborah said on this day that they wanted to have all notifications done by the 19th)

March 11

March 23rd - all notifications sent out

Invitations:

February 17

February 18 (comment on the day from PM101ers: Today seems to be a good day, lots of invites. Congrats everyone!)

February 24

February 25

March 5 (people invited on this day got admitted in the 1T4 class, I checked)

March 10

March 12

*Then 2011 posts come in*

The later invites were a combination of undergrads and grad students. The late rejections were also a combination of undergrads and grad students. From what was posted, stats had NOTHING to do with timing (calibre of students wasn't dramatically different).

The point is:

- It can happen any time

- Later doesn't necessarily mean we are worse off or even better off

- It seems like U of T is sending out invites/rejections as the information becomes available, which means they really aren't necessarily 'holding back' on sending rejections

- We don't know how many undergrads/grads have been rejected or invited, given our sample here, so we can't assume the game is automatically over

- There were interview dates last year in April, but this year the last weekend is in March, but it appears that the timelines sort of match up (but not fully - i.e. rejections so far: January 28, February 16, February 18)

I'm not sure why I even did this, but for some (odd) reason, it was a bit therapeutic. I don't feel as hopeless as before, but I don't feel any more hopeful (i.e. it's still a 50/50 chance invite/rejection for anyone still waiting - don't automatically think it's over).

I hope this helps anyone else who might have wanted to know this (albeit useless) info!

I know... I just don't get why I still haven't received any response. I cannot think of a reason for the adcom to not have a decision on my application yet...

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what to think/feel at this point either :( it's definitely rough waiting it out this long, and now with the long weekend, next week is even shorter.

Looking back at Deborah's tweets and the threads from last yr (note: I tried my best to get all of the dates):

Refusal dates:

Feburary 3

February 16

Feb 17 - interesting post addressing applicant concerns: http://utmedadmissions.wordpress.com/2010/02/17/in-answer-to-the-most-common-questions-today/

February 19

February 22

March 4

March 9 (note: Deborah said on this day that they wanted to have all notifications done by the 19th)

March 11

Invitations:

February 17

February 18 (comment on the day from PM101ers: Today seems to be a good day, lots of invites. Congrats everyone!)

February 24

February 25

March 10

March 12

The later invites were a combination of undergrads and grad students. The late rejections were also a combination of undergrads and grad students. From what was posted, stats had NOTHING to do with timing (calibre of students wasn't dramatically different).

The point is:

- It can happen any time

- It seems like U of T is sending out invites/rejections as the information becomes available, which means they really aren't necessarily 'holding back' on sending rejections

- We don't know how many undergrads/grads have been rejected or invited, given our sample here, so we can't assume the game is automatically over

- There were interview dates last year in April, but this year the last weekend is in March, but it appears that the timelines sort of match up (but not fully - i.e. rejections so far: January 28, February 16, February 18)

I'm not sure why I even did this, but for some (odd) reason, it was a bit therapeutic. I don't feel as hopeless as before, but I don't feel any more hopeful (i.e. it's still a 50/50 chance invite/rejection for anyone still waiting - don't automatically think it's over).

I hope this helps anyone else who might have wanted to know this (albeit useless) info!

I know... I just don't get why I still haven't received any response. I cannot think of a reason for the adcom to not have a decision on my application yet...

Refusal dates:

Feburary 3

February 16

February 19

February 22

March 4

March 11

Invitations:

February 17

February 24

February 25

March 10

March 12

The point is:

- It can happen any time

Refusal dates:

Feburary 3

February 16

February 19

February 22

March 4

March 11

Invitations:

February 17

February 24

February 25

March 10

March 12

The point is:

- It can happen any time

Refusal dates:

Feburary 3

February 16

February 19

February 22

March 4

March 11

Invitations:

February 17

February 24

February 25

March 10

March 12

The point is:

- It can happen any time

Given the weather today i actually completely forgot about medschool for the whole day. Can't lie coming to check this thread was a bit amusing :) Relax everyone, you'll find out eventually for now just prep for other interviews / enjoy your reading week. No point in busting yourself up over it, they're not gonna release them any sooner or later because we're all stressed out.

Hopefully we hear some more news in Tuesday, but until then have an awesome weekend peeps!

Given the weather today i actually completely forgot about medschool for the whole day. Can't lie coming to check this thread was a bit amusing :) Relax everyone, you'll find out eventually for now just prep for other interviews / enjoy your reading week. No point in busting yourself up over it, they're not gonna release them any sooner or later because we're all stressed out.

Hopefully we hear some more news in Tuesday, but until then have an awesome weekend peeps!

Archived