Premed 101 Forums

Interview Discussion (2011)

Looks like it it indeed. I was one of the lucky ones to receive one! Checked for kicks after reading your post :D.

Best part of all -> U/T pre-interview rejection February 3, 2010. U/T interview invite February 3, 2011. Have worked my butt off for this :).

Awesome, congrats!

I know how you feel about the pre-interview rejection and then working your butt off. But the experience is just going to make your acceptance that much sweeter.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like it it indeed. I was one of the lucky ones to receive one! Checked for kicks after reading your post :D.

Best part of all -> U/T pre-interview rejection February 3, 2010. U/T interview invite February 3, 2011. Have worked my butt off for this :).

Congrats GGGSaint!

BTW is it pure luck at whos applications they asses first?

Congrats man. UT alum!!!

Man, one of us could be the next one on the list. I think there should be a new batch of interviews soon. People who have switched from February were replaced pretty quickly with new candidates. I doubt a new full review was done. Those interviewees were already selected and there probably are not just a few. I would guesstimate at least 50 potential interviewees who have not yet received an interview but their files are sitting in the "send this person an invite when you feel like it" pile. I visited the office the other day and tried throwing a copy of my application in to the pile - maybe I will get two invites?

Man, one of us could be the next one on the list. I think there should be a new batch of interviews soon. People who have switched from February were replaced pretty quickly with new candidates. I doubt a new full review was done. Those interviewees were already selected and there probably are not just a few. I would guesstimate at least 50 potential interviewees who have not yet received an interview but their files are sitting in the "send this person an invite when you feel like it" pile. I visited the office the other day and tried throwing a copy of my application in to the pile - maybe I will get two invites?
lol. Well, I've been informed that emails for the March 25, 26 & 27 interview dates will be sent in about 2 weeks. So I imagine that the emails for the early March dates will come in the next few days to 1 week.

That is great news!! Good job :D

lol. Well, I've been informed that emails for the March 25, 26 & 27 interview dates will be sent in about 2 weeks. So I imagine that the emails for the early March dates will come in the next few days to 1 week.

"someone on Twitter: will interview invitations and/or refusal notifications be emailed today?" here

"UTMed on Twitter: I don't think so, as we are focusing on prep for Feb 12. You need to not fuss about the emails! You may not hear for weeks" here

I don't think anything will come out until after then...

Awesome, congrats!

I know how you feel about the pre-interview rejection and then working your butt off. But the experience is just going to make your acceptance that much sweeter.

Agreed. Fingers crossed for that acceptance like you said!

Congrats GGGSaint!

BTW is it pure luck at whos applications they asses first?

Thanks! It definitely is luck who gets reviewed when (aside from not being late to submit your references)...hope those who haven't heard will hear soon :).

Congrats man. UT alum!!!

Thanks bud! UTSG represent!!

That is great news!! Good job :D

Thank you Cerena...the timing of the invite is incredible no doubt.

--

Good luck to the rest of you guys applying to U/T who haven't heard! The wait is a ***** I know but the holistic process definitely worth it.

"someone on Twitter: will interview invitations and/or refusal notifications be emailed today?" here

"UTMed on Twitter: I don't think so, as we are focusing on prep for Feb 12. You need to not fuss about the emails! You may not hear for weeks" here

I don't think anything will come out until after then...

But she lied, people DID get acceptance e-mails. :P

Hey everyone!

Had a little question concerning the formula for acceptance offer. From what I understand, the 60% academic score from pre-interview stays the same, then 20% from ABS LoRs and Essay, and the last 20% is the interview score.

I was wondering how much of an impact the interview score had? I.e. can someone ranked in the lower 500s score well on interview and move up enough for acceptance?

Hey everyone!

Had a little question concerning the formula for acceptance offer. From what I understand, the 60% academic score from pre-interview stays the same, then 20% from ABS LoRs and Essay, and the last 20% is the interview score.

I was wondering how much of an impact the interview score had? I.e. can someone ranked in the lower 500s score well on interview and move up enough for acceptance?

Average interview score is 16/20. Most people do well... so pre-interview ranking tends to stay similar. Tons of rejectees/WLers last year (post interview), were people with 3.8-3.85 GPAs. Since, as you mentioned, your non-academic score gets hijacked post-interview, these people are at disadvantage (since their NAQ is probably the better part of their application).

What would be more fair is if it were 60/40 pre-interview. Then pre-interview(0.8) + interview score. But as far as we know (what was reported in the past), they don't do this.

That being said, everyone who makes it to the interview stage has the potential to be accepted (obviously). Some just have to perform better than others...

I agree with HBP that this is true....for undergrads...

I don't think it's as clear cut with grads.

Also, I have my own personal belief that if your interviewers love you, you'll be bumped up regardless of your academic score.

Neuronix you're a thesis based grad student no? did you graduate or are you doing a PhD now? I am just furious as to how slow this is..just get it over with...i need to move on!!!

Archived