Premed 101 Forums

What the heck are they doing????

The Bunny

Probably better to re-check them by hand though. Can you imagine the chaos if something went wrong and a bunch of people were matched to the wrong specialty or didn't match at all?

Yeah, take a look at all the problems that occur in the interview invites/ acceptance emails. Every year someone messes up, i would hate something like that to happen with CARMS :)

It's all computer based. It's really not very much data to process for a computer.

If you did it by hand, it would be crazy long.

It has already been decided. For anyone who applied to NRMP (USA) and CaRMS, they just have to log in to NRMP today and see if they have been withdrawn. If they were withdrawn from NRMP it means you matched in Carms. But it won't tell you what program until March 7th.

It has already been decided. For anyone who applied to NRMP (USA) and CaRMS, they just have to log in to NRMP today and see if they have been withdrawn. If they were withdrawn from NRMP it means you matched in Carms. But it won't tell you what program until March 7th.

this sucks so much. i was really hoping to match in canada! so sad. can anyone confirm this?

this sucks so much. i was really hoping to match in canada! so sad. can anyone confirm this?

Yep, today was the day. Congratulations to all who matched in Carms. To those who didn't, there is still hope with NRMP.

Carms is a one shot deal. It's great if you win. It sucks if you don't. It's the culmination of all of your work in undergrad and medical school...it's the medal at the end of the race. Even if you have a quick start, it's meaningless if you don't qualify at the end. You could run the best race of your life and trip before the finish line. DNF.

I hope the NRMP is kinder to you than Carms was. Know that applying to residencies in the USA is a bit more flexible than in Canada, so don't lose hope no matter where you end up. The USA has quite a few more opportunities for success. Just ask Ian Wong. He DNFd Carms, worked like hell for a year, and then matched to a great radiology program in the USA.

Archived