Premed 101 Forums

2015 Backpacks

oh man, I seriously LOL'd.

I am lucky--students/university staff only ask me what I am doing my PhD dissertation on, or alternatively they suck up to me because they assume I am the TA...

Me too. They all assume I'm a PhD student. Of course, I'm also told I look young for my age, so that probably helps.

Oldies unite! ;)

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you are my hero. First, you sound like you like to stock up on stuff when on sale! Second, we seem to share the same kind of 'accessories', i.e. lots of bags of stuff. Just wait till you see me at school! lol!

That is awesome! Stock-up-ers of the world unite! :)

Eating vegitables is wrong! Have you ever stopped to think about how they feel or the treatment they are subjected too? And you have a problem with plastic bag manufacturers too? My uncle knows a guy whos wife works for the brother of an ex-girlfriend who used to make plastic bags. Now because of people like you she would be out of a job, if she hadn't already quit. It never ends with you Erk.

In all seriousness I used to be a huge costco fan but got tired of the seasonal stuff or the product changes. Everytime we went to get something we liked they didn't carry it anymore. The biggest savings are in kitty litter, bacon, steaks, and cheese.

Carrot juice constitutes murder

Greenhouses prisons for slaves

We've got to stop all this gardening

Let's call a spade a spade

But seriously, I eat vegetables not because I love animals but because I hate plants. The little monsters, converting our pristine carbon rich atmosphere into this oxygen-filled nightmare we have today... if it weren't for plants we wouldn't have that horrible forest fire in Northern Alberta. Everyone in Slave Lake would still have their (brick) homes. PLANTS: Source of all the world's ills. That's also why I use crocheted bags... they're made out of plant fibre, or as I like to think of it, the woven skeletons of my deceased photosynthetic foes.

Carrot juice constitutes murder

Greenhouses prisons for slaves

We've got to stop all this gardening

Let's call a spade a spade

But seriously, I eat vegetables not because I love animals but because I hate plants. The little monsters, converting our pristine carbon rich atmosphere into this oxygen-filled nightmare we have today... if it weren't for plants we wouldn't have that horrible forest fire in Northern Alberta. Everyone in Slave Lake would still have their (brick) homes. PLANTS: Source of all the world's ills. That's also why I use crocheted bags... they're made out of plant fibre, or as I like to think of it, the woven skeletons of my deceased photosynthetic foes.

You two just made my day!! ;)

There's not enough I would buy at Costco to be worth the membership price for me. But I buy in bulk when things come on sale.

You two just made my day!! ;)

There's not enough I would buy at Costco to be worth the membership price for me. But I buy in bulk when things come on sale.

Oh you guys crack me up, perhaps you guys should take up extreme coupon?

You know it's a legit "profession" when there's an entire show on it

Oh you guys crack me up, perhaps you guys should take up extreme coupon?

You know it's a legit "profession" when there's an entire show on it

Don't laugh, but yes I live the life of 'extreme' couponing, but it is impossible to do what they do on the show in Canada. We just don't have the same couponing rules.

...crap...is it sad that I know my couponing rules? My coolness quotient just went down 10 points.

I agree with the above poster who said that costco isn't worth it because things change too often. Plus, as a single, I really don't need to buy everything in super-mega-economy-family size. I really stock up on sales. Stores hate me because I clear out their loss leaders on the first day that the flyer comes out.

All U of C-ers: look for the lady with the wad of coupons in her purse, or potentially, in her new MD financial backpack! LOL

Don't laugh, but yes I live the life of 'extreme' couponing, but it is impossible to do what they do on the show in Canada. We just don't have the same couponing rules.

...crap...is it sad that I know my couponing rules? My coolness quotient just went down 10 points.

I agree with the above poster who said that costco isn't worth it because things change too often. Plus, as a single, I really don't need to buy everything in super-mega-economy-family size. I really stock up on sales. Stores hate me because I clear out their loss leaders on the first day that the flyer comes out.

All U of C-ers: look for the lady with the wad of coupons in her purse, or potentially, in her new MD financial backpack! LOL

I do coupons too, but nowhere near that scale!! I get some from save.ca and other sites, and then shop around the sales visiting either of my 5 stores when I see something I need.

Also, some of the people on that show are defrauding the system, using coupons for the wrong products because the products codes have a loophole in them. Yeah I know too much about that too :P

Are you the person who always buys all of the good ice cream that is on sale and leaves me with vanilla bean or tiger?

no no, that would be my mom buying it for my dad. I don't eat ice cream :D

ps. I never condone illegal coupon use. Use it for the product it says, and that's it. I don't want the poor cashier to get in trouble. HOWEVER...is it just me that some cashiers treat you like you're stealing their money when you use coupons?

no no, that would be my mom buying it for my dad. I don't eat ice cream :D

ps. I never condone illegal coupon use. Use it for the product it says, and that's it. I don't want the poor cashier to get in trouble. HOWEVER...is it just me that some cashiers treat you like you're stealing their money when you use coupons?

YES! They behave like the money you're saving is directly coming out of their paycheck...

I have to say, if you have regular medications to fill, a basic Costco membership is totally worth it for the $4.11 filling fee. When you're not a student, of course - my university pharmacy filled at about the same price. As opposed to, say, $10 at Shoppers (I think it's actually $12).

Fair enough.

I hope the new backpacks come with laser beams and pre-med invisibility cloaking devices. Also a tractor beam could come in handy as well. As for the color, gotta go with solid gold baby YEAH BOYYYYYYYYY!

You know I wear my backpack every day (old one died right before med school, so I was glad to get a new one) - never once been interrupted by a premed with questions etc.

I have a sweet MEC backpack, but my 15" laptop has trouble squeezing into the computer sleeve.

I feel like this has been discussed previously elsewhere - but does anyone know the max laptop size that will fit in the med backpacks?

I hate to derail this thread.... but any ideas on colours yet?

I have a sweet MEC backpack, but my 15" laptop has trouble squeezing into the computer sleeve.

I feel like this has been discussed previously elsewhere - but does anyone know the max laptop size that will fit in the med backpacks?

This thread is on backpacks, you just re-railed it :D

I have a 17 inch one in mine and it just fits.

hahaha!

As for colours, we likely won't find out until the 1st o-week starts (I don't know what school starts 1st this year. UofC maybe?)

And I love that there was coupon talk in this thread.

Thanks for bringing us full circle, chrail!

I seem to remember from previous years that U of C 'debuts' their bags because school begins there earliest. We start on the 27th, so watch this space around the end of July ;)

(ps. Go coupons! I just got a free box of triscuits in the mail. Goes well with my free multibionta vitamins, free yogurt, free kashi cereal...yea I am an addict!)

I was thinking more for the dirty looks that scream "you got in and I only got waitlisted?!, he must have slept with the dean or something".

never noticed that either - although I suppose seeing them would be an unpleasant reminder for some. Always the hard part of all this is you know not everyone gets in and that sucks!

I have said this before, but at the time I didn't know the significance of the bags at all. I am from Waterloo and there was no med students there so no bags :) When I got here I got mine during a free lunch I was handed the bag and thought great I don't need to buy a bag. Only later did I clue into what all the fuss was about.

Thanks for bringing us full circle, chrail!

I seem to remember from previous years that U of C 'debuts' their bags because school begins there earliest. We start on the 27th, so watch this space around the end of July ;)

(ps. Go coupons! I just got a free box of triscuits in the mail. Goes well with my free multibionta vitamins, free yogurt, free kashi cereal...yea I am an addict!)

27th as in July 27th? Damn, that's early. Remember to take pics.

Archived