Premed 101 Forums

Admission Decisions out on SOLUS!!!!!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And now we wait for the generic email from Queen's Admin... "no decisions were released"...

Poor Queen's. They think they can take 10 minutes to upload some information to the system - and WHAM!! A crazy premed is checking that site at the exact same time. I think the adcom underestimates our obsessive checking and attention to detail.

Edit: I'm not trying to say that the OP (yinchongding) is a crazy premed ;)

And now we wait for the generic email from Queen's Admin... "no decisions were released"...

Poor Queen's. They think they can take 10 minutes to upload some information to the system - and WHAM!! A crazy premed is checking that site at the exact same time. I think the adcom underestimates our obsessive checking and attention to detail.

Edit: I'm not trying to say that the OP (yinchongding) is a crazy premed ;)

I'm not sure they'll even send an email. It seems like the issue lasted just over 30 minutes, and only rejected/waitlisted people saw their status (if that was in fact the actual decision). I'd bet that most applicants didn't even know/check since it was fairly early in the day (example, the Queen's forum had a max of 50 views during this time, which is a low number). They can't say "no decisions were released" because that would be a lie. I have a feeling we won't be hearing from them again until May 5th.

So glad I slept in this morning and missed this. Seems like those who had a deposit didn't receive any updates (i.e. OIC) and those who had not or did not know but only had "view status" showing were either rejected or waitlisted. I fall into the latter category and I'm glad I didn't check only to find out I was rejected.

I want to believe this, but should I break my self-imposed "no checking until May 5th" rule?

Anyone else have a decision on SOLUS?

I toughed it out and still remain blissfully unaware.

At first I admired you, now I'm beginning to think you're insane. :cool:

I kid, but damn... talk about willpower.

lol

I had accept\decline, and now just have decision pending... I'm sure I was too late though.

I had finally trained myself to check this place only occasionally..... :D

had an exam this morning.... can not believe i missed this.......

most ridiculous and hilarious admissions cycle ever

Also... do you guys realize this is exactly a week after the accept/decline thing happened? LOL

Something must be special about thursdays at queens

Also... do you guys realize this is exactly a week after the accept/decline thing happened? LOL

Decisions are also coming out on a Thursday. Maybe they are practicing :)

I wonder what glitch they'll have next Thursday...

oh wait...

:eek:

I kid, but damn... talk about willpower.

I think the entire process messed me up to a point where I can't even think about being accepted/waitlisted/rejected until May 5th.

I feel like this is all a game. If I make it until the 5th without checking, I win. Hopefully, the prize is an acceptance somewhere.

*** Did anyone check who had a deposit or the accept/decline status? If so, what was the outcome (other than pending)? If you are uncomfortable posting it for whatever reason you can PM me and I will post on your behalf, leaving your name out of it. ***

Second question: did anyone actually get accepted, or just WL/decline?

I checked SOLUS this morning before I left for an exam (around 8:15) and my accept/decline button had changed to view status with decision pending. I just checked again and nothing seems to have changed which seems to match what others who previously had the accept/decline button found today.

as of now, 3 people who had the deposit and accept/decline had pending...

no one has reported an acceptance yet.

*** Did anyone check who had a deposit or the accept/decline status? If so, what was the outcome (other than pending)? If you are uncomfortable posting it for whatever reason you can PM me and I will post on your behalf, leaving your name out of it. ***

Second question: did anyone actually get accepted, or just WL/decline?

Archived