Premed 101 Forums

Admission Decisions out on SOLUS!!!!!

as of now, 3 people who had the deposit and accept/decline had pending...

no one has reported an acceptance yet.

So it appears those with "View Status" were either WL'ed or rejected. The sample size is very low though (only 5 people in this category). I am surprised at the number of WLs versus rejects in this category.

Those with "accept/decline" are just pending and probably did not have their decisions viewable. The stats so far:

4 x "View Status" and Waitlisted

1 x "View Status" and Rejected

3 x "Accept/Decline" and Pending

No one was accepted.

I know those who found out are going to be flipping out, and if I were you guys I would call. I want to say for those who had any status, there is not enough data here to read anything into it. It's crappy we didn't wake up earlier, but don't assume you will get rejected/WL'ed based on your status.

I also want to say that due to the sensitivity of this issue, if you don't want to post your information for whatever reason (totally understandable), PM it to me and I will post it anonymously on your behalf.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So it appears those with "View Status" were either WL'ed or rejected. The sample size is very low though (only 5 people in this category). I am surprised at the number of WLs versus rejects in this category.

Those with "accept/decline" are just pending and probably did not have their decisions viewable. The stats so far:

4 x "View Status" and Waitlisted

1 x "View Status" and Rejected

2 x "Accept/Decline" and Pending

No one was accepted.

I know those who found out are going to be flipping out, and if I were you guys I would call. I want to say for those who had any status, there is not enough data here to read anything into it. It's crappy we didn't wake up earlier, but don't assume you will get rejected/WL'ed based on your status.

this was 3...OIC, chrail and JJ8

I am surprised at the number of WLs versus rejects in this category.

Rejections are notoriously underreported (even you mentioned that you wouldn't post here if you were rejected). It's likely that more people checked, but simply didn't want to post because they were naturally unhappy with the result.

It's interesting that the accept/decline was changed to view status at around 8AM though. Perhaps decisions were up then as well (for the View Status people only).

Perhaps, but also it could have been the statuses just flipped normally at 8AM and then someone in the office did something to break the system. Probably wasn't anyone there to do that at that time. I figured I'd just leave it out of the tally for that reason as it wasn't "confirmed."

Either way I'm starting to understand Queen's novel approach to admissions. Narrow down the number of candidates by trying to give them all heart attacks and accept whoever survives.

Also, in any case please respond if you are lurking and you were either accepted or had accept/decline and showed anything other than pending.

Bahah i guarantee they probably had them all up and auto-revealing on "Next Thursday at 8:00 am" or something dumb like that... Computer revealed them based on whatever its algorithm was and Queen's cried some more.

All i know is that we all laughed when the 2014's put the Interview Reject/Acceptance joke into their video, but the 2015's are gonna put in our whole application process :rolleyes:

ps. just so you don't hound me, i still don't have my info so i couldnt check :(

i'm kinda excited to hear that not all "view status" didn't translate into straight up "rejections"

from the poll, 1/3 had answered that they had "view status/accept/decline" and I thought they would comprise the acceptance/waitlisted pool

and "view status" applicants would simply be rejected

I really don't know what to think anymore

what a rollercoaster ride

Seems like Queen's is having an extra-long waitlist this year! I can only wonder why... :P
I don't think you can conclude that the wait list will be any longer than last year. Queen's generally has a large waitlist since the turnover/overlap with other schools is usually high. Also, rejections are often underreported on pm101 and many people don't actually know what happened due to the time of day this SOLUS change occured. Sample size is simply too small and not representative to make conclusions.

funny thing is that they are probably going to have to send out emails anyways on May 5th because people will call in asking if their status is true (regardless of acceptance or rejection or waitlist).

I know someone who called awhile ago, Corrinne said that they were going to be sending e-mails as well as doing SOLUS updates.

Watch: decisions announced via e-mail will not correspond to the decisions on SOLUS.

This person called before admissions decisions were up (as I said, he called a few days ago). With respect to the status changes, my friend was told not to trust anything on SOLUS until may 5th.

Queens pretty much has to say this...

I'd make a poll but there's too many options!!!

Decisions are also coming out on a Thursday. Maybe they are practicing :)

I wonder what glitch they'll have next Thursday...

oh wait...

:eek:

I expect the glitch they had will be that people who did not apply this year will be randomly sent acceptances. :P

Seriously though, this is really funny. I hope they have it figured out by the time I apply next year. :)

I expect the glitch they had will be that people who did not apply this year will be randomly sent acceptances. :P

hehe I have "Decision: Pending" on my SOLUS and I didn't even get an interview hahahaha

note: I have solus because I'm a Queen's student already...Queen's med didn't e-mail me with an ID number or anything...

Archived