Premed 101 Forums

Team Waitlist

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
although I've taken myself off the waitlist

my userID was 0sadb

I was waitlisted so by your theory, there should be a number at the end.

I think that was just a computer generated userID i don't think the numbers etc had anything to do with it.

Thanks. I too realized, it should not mean any prior evaluation criteria.

Looks like, no movement today.

Hi Human_Bean, dave98, and little_bee, If you don't mind, can you advise the timestamp of your original "waitlist" email received on May 5? That can provide some clue upon where they could be. Assuming, they take at least a minute to send a email, they will take an hour to send 60 emails.

Atom chill dude... I know its stressful for all of us but i think you're over thinking things... settle down and steel yourself for not getting in this year. At this point chances are slim, but they still exist. You're only doing yourself more harm by trying to figure out their system. If you get in it'll be a pleasant surprise for you, but at this rate if you don't you're gonna rage at all the time you lost worrying about it :)

<-- Also still waiting

I really hope this week is not quiet. Btw, human_bean, congrats on your western offer too. Let us know what you pick!

Hey all,

I'm sorry to put a bit of a damper on everyone's hopes here, but I accepted my offer from Queen's tonight. But if any of you are on Western's waitlist, there is one extra spot there now.

I know it might sound a bit hollow coming from someone who is in already, but try to stay positive! It's not over till it's over.

Sometimes I like to think that I have moved on but I keep coming back here with my fingers crossed and I still check Solus occasionally. If one of us called the office on Monday and asked if any more waitlist movement was likely to occur, we may be able to get a firm reply before game over e-mails are sent out.

Obi, Thanks for advice. You are right. It's time to move on.

• 2 weeks later...

I regret to inform you that the Queen's Medical Class of 2015 has now been

filled and we are no longer presenting offers to candidates remaining on our

waitlist. However, should a place become available up to the end of

September we will, of course, fill the spot with a waitlisted candidate.

If you wish to reapply for admission in 2012, applications will be available

online at http://www.ouac.on.ca/omsas/. Please check the OMSAS website carefully

for important application deadline dates.

I wish you all the best of luck in your future endeavors.

:( good things app's are almost open. Interesting that it's pretty much the same date as last year to the day.

I got it too :( They should have mailed hard copies. That way we could get together and burn them all at once. Darn e-mail, I could print it and burn it, but then it will still exist somewhere.

This sounds like an excellent premed social, lol! I'm in! :o

Archived