Premed 101 Forums

Team Waitlist

a lot of ECs from captain of a few teams in high school (Basketball, soccer, volleyball) to cancer research.

I guess that's good news come Med Games season ;)

oh, and congrats on the acceptance. See you at O-week!

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Accepted off waitlist!!!!! Got the call from Corrine this morning!!!! Soooooo excited, thank you all for your help and support through all of this, it's been amazing to have people to go through this with. I'm pulling for all of you, keep up hope!!!

Accepted off waitlist!!!!! Got the call from Corrine this morning!!!! Soooooo excited, thank you all for your help and support through all of this, it's been amazing to have people to go through this with. I'm pulling for all of you, keep up hope!!!

Congrat's dave! I hope that you have something big planned to celebrate! and thanks for giving us the head's up!

I got the acceptance call earlier today! I cant wait to start! Thank you to everyone posting encouraging comments. And to everyone still on the waitlist: everything happens for a reason. Best of luck to all of you!

For anyone whos keeping track: 3.95 cGPA, a lot of ECs from captain of a few teams in high school (Basketball, soccer, volleyball) to cancer research.

Congrats you two!

Hey all,

Just wanted to keep this list updated

I got a call from Queen's this morning at 8:49 offering me a spot off the waitlist.

I am still waiting to hear from another school, but I will most likely be accepting. They only gave me until Friday to respond.

Stats:

34Q (12/11/11)

cGPA was terrible but last two years was 3.85

just finished a graduate program (course-based)

lots of different ECs - hospital, community, church; nothing too extraordinary though

good luck to everyone still waiting!

this was my second time applying - was waitlisted both times but got off this year ... so keep hope alive!

Congrats Human_bean! That's wonderful!

I think that it's unheard of that they are only giving you until friday..makes me wonder what they are up to...If I was to guess, I think that they might be eager to send the "class full" email. :( They must be trying for some new record, haha. :( (I think it was around June 22 last year, and given the early start to waitlist offers and maybe a week for ppl to get their deposit in..these next few days might be the end of the road).. sorry for the depressing post

@ Human Bean..I suppose that it doesn't really matter, but did you have any feelings on how your interview went?

Hey all,

Just wanted to keep this list updated

I got a call from Queen's this morning at 8:49 offering me a spot off the waitlist.

I am still waiting to hear from another school, but I will most likely be accepting. They only gave me until Friday to respond.

Stats:

34Q (12/11/11)

cGPA was terrible but last two years was 3.85

just finished a graduate program (course-based)

lots of different ECs - hospital, community, church; nothing too extraordinary though

good luck to everyone still waiting!

this was my second time applying - was waitlisted both times but got off this year ... so keep hope alive!

Congrats!!!!

I think that it's unheard of that they are only giving you until friday..makes me wonder what they are up to...If I was to guess, I think that they might be eager to send the "class full" email. :( They must be trying for some new record, haha. :( (I think it was around June 22 last year, and given the early start to waitlist offers and maybe a week for ppl to get their deposit in..these days might be the end of the road)

@ Human Bean..I suppose that it doesn't really matter, but did you have any feelings on how your interview went?

They only gave me 4 business days to respond as well when I was offered a spot last week. My decision is due today, so there will probably be more offers tomorrow to fill the spots of those who don't accept their offer today. So hopefully there will still be some more movement!

They only gave me 4 business days to respond as well when I was offered a spot last week. My decision is due today, so there will probably be more offers tomorrow to fill the spots of those who don't accept their offer today. So hopefully there will still be some more movement!

Interesting..I take it all back then, lol.:o

I think that it's unheard of that they are only giving you until friday..makes me wonder what they are up to...If I was to guess, I think that they might be eager to send the "class full" email. :( They must be trying for some new record, haha. :( (I think it was around June 22 last year, and given the early start to waitlist offers and maybe a week for ppl to get their deposit in..these next few days might be the end of the road).. sorry for the depressing post

Congrats!!!!

Thanks guys! I wasn't awake to get Corrine's call so I had to call her back ... I was shaking while I was dialing haha

@ Hills - I actually wasn't too confident coming out of the MMI. It was the first MMI that I had ever done and I thought I'd bombed at least 3 of the stations. I thought I got stronger as I went though and ended pretty well with the panel interview - shared a few laughs and jokes ...

But to be completely honest, I thought my interview at Western went 10x better and I thought I would get in there over Queen's. I guess it just goes to show you really can't tell ...

But don't lose hope ... until that final email saying classes are full comes, everyone still has a shot! :)

Hey dave98, I have a question for you.

In the email I got from them it says "Please respond via email that you have received this offer." Did you take that to mean respond to this by saying "I accept/reject" or does it mean respond by saying "I got your email"?

Stupid question? My apologies if it is haha

In the email I got from them it says "Please respond via email that you have received this offer." Did you take that to mean respond to this by saying "I accept/reject" or does it mean respond by saying "I got your email"?

That you got their email...I'm pretty sure. They've been having so much trouble with emails this year, it makes sense. I sent them a confirmation email right away, but that did nothing for SOLUS or OMSAS, so I take it to mean an email saying you received their email (some people apparently HAVE been having problems getting this email), because you can't accept over email.

That you got their email...I'm pretty sure. They've been having so much trouble with emails this year, it makes sense. I sent them a confirmation email right away, but that did nothing for SOLUS or OMSAS, so I take it to mean an email saying you received their email (some people apparently HAVE been having problems getting this email), because you can't accept over email.

Thanks isix!

See you in a few months haha

Yeah, like isix said, I just responded and said that I'm confirming that I received their offer of admission email and that I would be accepting, but I think all they're looking for is that you got the email. Then you have to follow the acceptance procedure they outline in the link to actually formally accept their offer.

Congrats!!!!

Hi, Congrats to all got accepted off waitlist. Happy for you fellows. Does the usercode mean anything? I think, the first digit means priority list, Two characters are first characters of first name and last name, last two digits may be the waitlist number?!? Example: 0XY53 means 0: low priority, XY is name, 53 is waitlist number. If you are accepted today and if you don't mind, can you tell us, your usercode replacing the letters as XY, suppose your usercode is 2ET37, just replace ET by XY and tell us; it may help us speculete where the waitlist is at this time. The first digit is important info. I think, 2 is high priority, 1 is normal, and 0 is low.

Hi, Congrats to all got accepted off waitlist. Happy for you fellows. Does the usercode mean anything? I think, the first digit means priority list, Two characters are first characters of first name and last name, last two digits may be the waitlist number?!? Example: 0XY53 means 0: low priority, XY is name, 53 is waitlist number. If you are accepted today and if you don't mind, can you tell us, your usercode replacing the letters as XY, suppose your usercode is 2ET37, just replace ET by XY and tell us; it may help us speculete where the waitlist is at this time. The first digit is important info. I think, 2 is high priority, 1 is normal, and 0 is low.

Are you talking about the NetID?

NetID doesn't mean anything about the waitlist, as it was assigned to you before the final decisions were even made.

Archived