Premed 101 Forums

Team Waitlist

I really want to get in too. I worked hard and to be rejected so far into the game really makes me feel like it was all worthless. Working for the high GPA, staying with a billet, taking the bus to Kingston, packing a gift, wearing my suit the day before to check myself out, polishing my shoes, getting a sexy haircut, practicing MMI with my buddy, studying for the MCAT, writing the MCAT, writing the MCAT (second try) and the list goes on. Most of the list is little things, but they hurt the most. I will apply again though and apply to the US to increase my chances instead of sailing to the Caribbean. This was my first try and I am certain my second try will be my last given any outcome. The waits are too demoralizing.

I really want to get in. I want it bad. I would do anything to get accepted.

It's not like I just prefer to queen's to another Canadian medical school.

If this doesn't work out, I'm going to the caribbeans but I can't say I'm psyched about it.

Anyone else in the same boat?

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really want to get in too. I worked hard and to be rejected so far into the game really makes me feel like it was all worthless. Working for the high GPA, staying with a billet, taking the bus to Kingston, packing a gift, wearing my suit the day before to check myself out, polishing my shoes, getting a sexy haircut, practicing MMI with my buddy, studying for the MCAT, writing the MCAT, writing the MCAT (second try) and the list goes on. Most of the list is little things, but they hurt the most. I will apply again though and apply to the US to increase my chances instead of sailing to the Caribbean. This was my first try and I am certain my second try will be my last given any outcome. The waits are too demoralizing.

It feels like that now, but really, you'll start to become much more zen about the whole process.

So this has been a long time coming for me but it has finally arrived -

I got off the waitlist yesterday at 12:10 PM. I received the same email as LLAV yesterday and today I have accepted my offer on SOLUS/OMSAS.

This was my only Ontario Medical school interview this year and after having gotten rejected last year post-interview from UofT I was indeed very heart broken. However, I applied again broadly (to all over Canada and US) and tried to keep my spirits up. If you know you really want this and if you know you can manage to get in here don't be discouraged if you have to wait a cycle or two. I had almost given up hope this cycle but things turned around last minute!

This process has taught me a lot and most of all it has humbled me. I know all of you here are well deserving candidates and I wish you all the best. I will certainly be around in the forums in the future for anyone who has questions about back-up options/re-applying/applying to US/apply to OOP/applying to caribbean (because I have gone through it all).

Queen's is a great school and I am excited to meet you all this fall! :)

bruise buddy i feel for u. hang in there. my sister applied three times. after undergrad she didnt get - instead she did a maters, got a publication, travelled to international conferences, met some lifelong friends at her lab. after masters she applied again. didnt get in. she volunteered abroad that year, worked for a year to make some money. finally the third time she applied she got into an american school. each time she got rejected something new came her way. and if u ask her she'll tell u she has no regrets. she got in finally, but along the way she picked up a lot of amazing experiences and met a lot of people that she wouldn't hve otherwise. dnt lose hope.

Today is probably a busy day for them due to the deadline. Maybe they are taking a break from offers until they have had a chance to get things organized. (hopefully)!

I'd have to agree with this, they probably sent out waitlist offers for spots that had been opened very early. Most of the spots will probably have opened up in the past day or 2 and so they're probably waiting until tomorrow or monday to accept us all ;)

I hope we all get accepted over the next 3-4 business days.

I'd have to agree with this, they probably sent out waitlist offers for spots that had been opened very early. Most of the spots will probably have opened up in the past day or 2 and so they're probably waiting until tomorrow or monday to accept us all ;)

Here's to an exhausted waitlist!:D

Ooohhh... Accept it and see what happens!!

I accepted and it now says "University Decision: You have successfully accepted your offer of admission." and below that it says "Thank you for accepting your offer of admission to this program. Welcome to Queen's."

I accepted and it now says "University Decision: You have successfully accepted your offer of admission." and below that it says "Thank you for accepting your offer of admission to this program. Welcome to Queen's."

Congrats! I wish mine had that...

I'm sure you'll get the call soon enough, although now, you might as well just call them tomorrow :)

Congrats

e-mail in spam?

Archived