Premed 101 Forums

Team Waitlist

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats,

could you help the rest of the waitlisters by telling us:

was it actually a call or an e-mail like yesterday? Did your Solus change to pending? and when is your deadline to accept?

Thanks and have a nice time in Kingston

Just got the call. :) Everybody look forward to movement today!

Let's see, the call was around 11AM. I was told not to expect an email until later (around 1PM), but I see that I have it now and the timestamp was also just after 11AM.

I had "View Status" before on SOLUS, with PENDING and a waitlist explanation. Now I have "View Status/Accept or Decline" and "You have been offered conditional admission to this program. Your response must be received by a date to-be-determined," as well as a big green accept button.

My deadline was in the email. It's May 31st.

Good luck to everyone!

Let's see, the call was around 11AM. I was told not to expect an email until later (around 1PM), but I see that I have it now and the timestamp was also just after 11AM.

Good luck to everyone!

Does anyone remember providing a telephone number to OMSAS? How come I don't remember doing this...

3 reported cases.

I would guess that the actual number is 8-10. If we do not get anything by the end of next week...I think it is game over.

Definitely not game over. Movement will occur all the way till August, it will slow to a trickle after mid June.

Woohoo~~~ got an offer! I actually accepted UBC's offer and paid the $1000 deposit already. But i'm willing to let that money go and go to Queen's :D

Really eh?

UBC is probably the only OOP school I'd want to go to.

See you at Queens. Congrats!

Congrats.

You must really be pleased if you're turning down a chance to spend the next 4 years in BC.

Ya to me i just wanted a switch of scenery after having lived in Vancouver for 10 years. Vancouver is great but not as great as some of you may think.

1. It rains way too much (80% rain for 8 months of the year), which means all the outdoor stuff you'd want to do is limited to summer mostly (except for skiing/snowboarding in winter, but it's expensive and i'm not really into it neither).

2. It's at least as expensive as Toronto if not more so.

3. I don't think i'm giving up much entertainment-wise by leaving Vancouver (except for shopping maybe).

4. UBC med class is HUGE (around 180~190 students in the Vancouver site plus many dentistry students in 1st year as well). I hated those big classes in undergrad years where it's not really tight-knit and nobody is really close to nobody.

5. From what i've heard... UBC med is intensely competitive like UT is. It keeps the honor standing, so i guess grades does matter somewhat. Not that i think a little competition is wrong, but it's not appealing to me if it's really intense.

Besides... i had a bit too much to drink on my first night there in Queen's. How can I not love it :D

The number of reported cases so far is approaching the total reported cases from last year and the year before. I am quite the pessimist so I have to assume that the majority of movement will occur by Tuesday next week and then an odd poster may get lucky afterwards.

The number of reported cases so far is approaching the total reported cases from last year and the year before. I am quite the pessimist so I have to assume that the majority of movement will occur by Tuesday next week and then an odd poster may get lucky afterwards.

So many flaws with this reasoning.

wow, i didn't realize that the waitlist has begun to move already.

it's almost 6~7 individuals who's posted here, there's a lot more who didn't/wouldn't post on the forum.

i'm with Bruise_Lee on this one.

it'll be better for everyone on the waitlist to expect to get rejected in a month or so,

no need to get disappointed again,

if you get in, it'll come as an even bigger surprise.

I would assume the number of users on here increases every year so I'd be cautious when comparing to past years.

My only concern if I was on the waitlist would be that its difficult to know how the change in Queen's selection method both pre and post interview will affect the waitlist movement. It seemed like there was less overlap between Queen's/UWO acceptances than in past years. Was there a corresponding increase in overlap with other schools like Mac? Could this mean less waitlist movement?

I really want to get in. I want it bad. I would do anything to get accepted.

It's not like I just prefer to queen's to another Canadian medical school.

If this doesn't work out, I'm going to the caribbeans but I can't say I'm psyched about it.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Goodbyes are always difficult.

Goodbye Queen's.

Archived