Premed 101 Forums

Team Waitlist

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do not know if this serves as any relief, but 17 more days and the waitlist should move. I thought of doing a countdown but it would probably make things even more depressing if I do not hear back.

Hells yeah...I thought of doing something similar, marking the days off on my calendar, but I thought that it's already bad enough that I check pm101 regularly. I really shouldn't add to the crazy.

To be honest, despite dwindling hope, I still check pm101 at least 3-5 times a day (probably more).

Hells yeah...I thought of doing something similar, marking the days off on my calendar, but I thought that it's already bad enough that I check pm101 regularly. I really shouldn't add to the crazy.

To be honest, despite dwindling hope, I still check pm101 at least 3-5 times a day (probably more).

Meh, I check it once every two hours...beat that. I don't know why. It's not like I expect accepted Queen's (and UWO) students to all of a sudden say, "none of us are accepting our offer..you can take our spots" (although every time I read a post of someone declining their spot for either school, whether it's the actual offer or waitlist, I do feel happy)

and yeah...the dwindling hope. I'm already making preparations for next year. And praying that I don't actually have to follow through on any of that.

so 17 days you said?

I do not know if this serves as any relief, but 17 more days and the waitlist should move. I thought of doing a countdown but it would probably make things even more depressing if I do not hear back.
I was actually a bit surprised that someone hadn't started a countdown already.

Sorry but I just wanted to ask again -

Does Queen's over-accept initially like how UofT does?

Hi Coolbond,

Historically, Queen's doesn't over-accept. However, very little information has been given about how things have changed this year (such as including more than GPA and MCAT in deciding interview invitations), so it might be different than it has been in the past.

Half of them are probably from the class of 2014. My sister is going into second year arch at waterloo and their group for the incoming class has a similar situation

It probably is...I know the UWO 2015 group easily has 30 first year students as admins/members

I didn't feel like making a new thread and i know you're all checking this religiously ;) Does anyone know how the movement will work?

Do they call everyone on the 27th and then if more spots become available they start calling once a week. Or do they call everyone on the 27th and then call further offers as soon as they become available?

I hope they come on the 31st. That way I get birthday pizza, 20 bucks and an acceptance to top it off.

The 27th is a Friday so I doubt that if any movement occurs, it will be all of it. Usually though, 1 week is given to confirm or reject so it would not be unusual to see weekly movement post the first batch.

Last year, waitlist offers began on May 27th and the email saying the class was full was sent out on June 22nd.

Where did you find out that the waitlist offers began on May 27th? I checked the threads around May 27th 2010 in this folder and there was nothing. I also checked the accepted/rejected/waitlisted thread for 2010 and nothing...

Archived