Premed 101 Forums

Team Waitlist

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

after reading this thread, i called the admissions office to check and she said that at queens the waitlist won't be moving until after may 27th when offer holders are required to make their decisions by, she said it would start moving in early june or so

on another note, i was waitlisted at queens last year too and it was june 22nd when we got the final "all seats are filled" email

For anyone wondering,

I was told today from a friend in Queen's that the waitlist is about 250 people, and moves about 100.

Hopefully movement is more this year, because of the "glitches" but then again the new building is a nice draw.

I will make a conservative assumption that 50-60 wait listed individuals were accepted somewhere else. I guess I have to keep my fingers crossed for another month.

For anyone wondering,

I was told today from a friend in Queen's that the waitlist is about 250 people, and moves about 100.

Hopefully movement is more this year, because of the "glitches" but then again the new building is a nice draw.

For anyone wondering,

Holy, that's a huge waitlist (which explains how so many of us are waitlisted)...so essentially, from a group of 500, they accept 100, waitlist 250 and only reject 150? Why waitlist such a large group (and give false hope)?

And I keep reading about the "moving 100"...what exactly does that mean? Do 100 decline their spot on the waitlist? It certainly can't mean that 100ish people get in off the waitlist because that would be the entire class....

after reading this thread, i called the admissions office to check and she said that at queens the waitlist won't be moving until after may 27th when offer holders are required to make their decisions by, she said it would start moving in early june or so

on another note, i was waitlisted at queens last year too and it was june 22nd when we got the final "all seats are filled" email

hmmmm... so for people who have been accepted elsewhere in Ontario and their first choice is Queen's, they pretty much have to stick with the acceptance huh?

I was accepted at other schools, but am waitlisted at Queens...Queens is my first choice, but if they aren't moving the waitlist until May 27, I will likely take one of my definite offers. If anyone knows anything about the waitlist moving before the 27th, Please post about it! If there is a chance to get in, some of us may decide to stay on the waitlist.

Holy, that's a huge waitlist (which explains how so many of us are waitlisted)...so essentially, from a group of 500, they accept 100, waitlist 250 and only reject 150? Why waitlist such a large group (and give false hope)?

And I keep reading about the "moving 100"...what exactly does that mean? Do 100 decline their spot on the waitlist? It certainly can't mean that 100ish people get in off the waitlist because that would be the entire class....

"Moving 100" would mean that the top 100 people are taken off the waitlist. However, this does not mean that they're all going to Queen's. Some of the people will take themselves off the waitlist right away as they had other offers on May 5th (or whatever the acceptance date is). Others will take themselves off if they get in from another school's waitlist. The remaining people from the top 100 are the ones that Queen's takes from people who reject their initial offers, and even then, some people may get a spot off the waitlist and then choose to decline. So while the list might move 100 spots, maybe only 30 (just an example number) actually get into Queen's from the waitlist.

I'll be declining my spot at Queen's soon, so hopefully that'll help movement before May 27th. I really feel for everyone on the WL as I was in the same place last summer. I spent the entire month of May and June agonizing over it, making assumptions and calculating odds and what not based on forum posts. It's tough, but you'll make it through. :)

"Moving 100" would mean that the top 100 people are taken off the waitlist. However, this does not mean that they're all going to Queen's. Some of the people will take themselves off the waitlist right away as they had other offers on May 5th (or whatever the acceptance date is). Others will take themselves off if they get in from another school's waitlist. The remaining people from the top 100 are the ones that Queen's takes from people who reject their initial offers, and even then, some people may get a spot off the waitlist and then choose to decline. So while the list might move 100 spots, maybe only 30 (just an example number) actually get into Queen's from the waitlist.

Actually, according to that legendary pdf file that reports how many students queens accepts every year, and how many students decline their offer (info which queens stopped providing a few yrs ago) typically 100 students declined queens. That '100' movement that is referred to means 100 people who declined, and therefore in hte 250-100 = 150 remaining waitlist spots, some of those people got accepted elsewhere. It is good news. Queens has a notoriously pathetic waitlist movement, about as many people decline queen`s meds as they accept (100 to 100 (ish)). Yay for us!!

In honor of the awesome name of this thread (reminds me of a superhero team) I will be removing myself from the Queens waitlist, which hopefully will allow the rest of you waitlisters to hear back sooner.

Good luck!!

God bless you kickserve ;)

Actually, according to that legendary pdf file that reports how many students queens accepts every year, and how many students decline their offer (info which queens stopped providing a few yrs ago) typically 100 students declined queens. That '100' movement that is referred to means 100 people who declined, and therefore in hte 250-100 = 150 remaining waitlist spots, some of those people got accepted elsewhere. It is good news. Queens has a notoriously pathetic waitlist movement, about as many people decline queen`s meds as they accept (100 to 100 (ish)). Yay for us!!
Yeah, I know about the year you're referring to. But Queen's generally moves 100 (or more) even if less than 100 people decline their acceptance offers. I was just trying to clarify all the aspects to reported waitlist movement. :)

Archived