Premed 101 Forums

Team Waitlist

My status on solus changed to pending this morning and I got the green accept button this afternoon. But I haven't gotten an email from queen's today. Anyone else having this issue?

Hey guys, I haven't posted here before but I have been reading these messages daily for last few months and have found them very helpful. I had the same thing happen to me today as elle123. I tried calling Queen's (several times) to see if this was a real acceptance, but they did not return my calls. I am cautiously optimistic but with all of the solus glitches I don't want to get my hopes up! I still haven't received an email or a phone call with an offer of admission.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey guys, I haven't posted here before but I have been reading these messages daily for last few months and have found them very helpful. I had the same thing happen to me today as elle123. I tried calling Queen's (several times) to see if this was a real acceptance, but they did not return my calls. I am cautiously optimistic but with all of the solus glitches I don't want to get my hopes up! I still haven't received an email or a phone call with an offer of admission.

I called several times as well and they didn't answer. I left a voicemail hoping they'd call me back. I'm going to email them tomorrow and make sure I get some sort of response from them. Did you accept on SOLUS already?

I accepted on SOLUS and I also now have the message:

"University Decision: You have successfully accepted your offer of admission." and below that it says "Thank you for accepting your offer of admission to this program. Welcome to Queen's."

Just to let you guys know I will likely be pulling myself off of the Queen's waitlist, got accepted into Mac (first choice) off their WL and am just waiting for the offer to appear on OMSAS. Good luck all!

Congrats!!! Glad to hear you got some good news!

...quiet day...

If we hear nothing by the 1st (last reported deadline for recent acceptances), I think the class may have been filled.

highly doubt it. There are a lot of people making decisions in the last couple days. I think they might just be waiting for everything to settle down and then send out a massive bunch of offers

Thanks for calling. You are my hero of the day. "No more offers being made today" would suggest that offers were sent out today and more are to come....just do not know how many.

Called admissions -they said there are no more offers being made today. Sigh!!!!!

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I got off the waitlist today and got the acceptance e-mail around 10:15. My SOLUS status was already changed by last night though even though the email only came today.

This thread has been awesome. Best wishes to everyone here.

The facebook page jumped 10 spots from 142 to 152 in the past week. The 10 were actually added on Friday so they may have been waitlisters or people who waited to the last minute to accept. I hope there are at least 15-20 more spots to fill.

Corrine makes a new friend

Corrine's friend: Umm...hello...umm..I am new here, I just got hired.

Corrine: Oh, good morning, how are you? You could definitely help me out today. We need to work on finalizing acceptances for MEDS15.

Corrine's friend: umm..that sounds nice..umm...

Corrine: Well, it is just about lunchtime, we can deal with this when we get back.

Corrine's friend: umm...OK.. (she already ate a few minutes ago but wants to befriend Corrine so she will go and eat again).

5 minutes later....

Corrine: I would like a tuna sandwich and a water please.

Corrine's friend: umm..may I have a caesar salad and an XXL raspberry slushie (raspberry is not her favorite flavour, but she just had an orange slushie a few minutes ago so she wants to try raspberry)

(I am taking notes on the rest of the story as it happens...more as the day develops)

Archived