Premed 101 Forums

Team Waitlist

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I missed a phone call from a number that seemed to be queens, but I don't know what they said. SOLUS also says i owe $1,050 now. I'm going to go be cautiously optimistic now...

It means you're in! I have the same thing now and was able to accept my offer this morning. Congrats, I'll see you next year!

To those still on the waiting list, hang in there! You can do it! Believe!

Congrats to the team waitlisters that got in. For those still waiting, more movement will happen as some people turn down their waitlist offers. *fingers crossed for you*

Did someone call? So no offers are expected today?

I know facebook isn't the best indicator, but the group has only increased by 5 members since last week. (From 152 to 157 currently).

I got the call :) I could not be happier! Queen's has been my dream for med school since grade 11! Definitely accepting

Congratulations to everyone else who got in, and to those still waiting, don't lose hope. If you are truly devoted to this crazy dream, you will certainly find a way to make it happen ;)

Congrats!

when exactly did the call happen?

I got the call :) I could not be happier! Queen's has been my dream for med school since grade 11! Definitely accepting

Congratulations to everyone else who got in, and to those still waiting, don't lose hope. If you are truly devoted to this crazy dream, you will certainly find a way to make it happen ;)

Congrats! For you to have been accepted to a school that you wanted that long ago is really great.

Congrats little bee! I'm happy you got some good news today!:)

btw, did your solus change?

Congrats little bee! Now you get to be "Bee MD" :D

Hi Bruise...

I am also on the wait-list and still waiting to hear. This is a really difficult time for all of us..

I'm trying to look on the bright side: if we do not get in this year, at the very least we get to take a year off and do things we always wanted to do, or use the year to make some money to pay off loans we owe from our undergraduate years (at least in my case:p)

I haven't posted for awhile because I wanted to finished my final exams and enjoy my first few days of freedom after finishing my last undergraduate year. I know waiting is really really hard, but here's hoping for great news for all of us!

GOOD LUCK :)

you got in because you "Beelieved"

Oh Hahaha :P

Congrats little bee! Now you get to be "Bee MD" :D

Hehe, I really enjoyed this. Sounds like a good license plate :)

Congrats little bee! I'm happy you got some good news today!:)

btw, did your solus change?

Thanks for all the congratulations, guys! Hills, it was actually very strange, my solus changed to pending but then never changed to conditional acceptance, so I called and they enrolled me from their end. I did get a phone call, an e-mail and a deposit showing on solus though...

Oh Hahaha :P

Thanks for all the congratulations, guys! Hills, it was actually very strange, my solus changed to pending but then never changed to conditional acceptance, so I called and they enrolled me from their end. I did get a phone call, an e-mail and a deposit showing on solus though...

Thanks for the update Little bee! I guess I was just wondering if they decided against updating solus status before contacting people directly or maybe lost interest in using it entirely. haha

I hope that you have an amazing time at Queen's and a great summer of freedom before september!

Thanks for the update Little bee! I guess I was just wondering if they decided against updating solus status before contacting people directly or maybe lost interest in using it entirely. haha

I hope that you have an amazing time at Queen's and a great summer of freedom before september!

At the risk of giving myself away to Jennifer Saunders assuming she checks pm101 (and somehow remembers calling me), I can tell you that when I got the call I told Jennifer how I had seen the pending and wasn't sure what to believe (in my rambling stage of happiness I clearly spill my guts...probably not a good secret to tell future Queen's colleagues)....

Anyways, the long and short of it is that she was surprised about the pending bit because she said they hadn't updated anything...I'm starting to think that they're not entirely sure about what's happening on SOLUS either....maybe it's becoming self-aware and prophetic?

At the risk of giving myself away to Jennifer Saunders assuming she checks pm101 (and somehow remembers calling me), I can tell you that when I got the call I told Jennifer how I had seen the pending and wasn't sure what to believe (in my rambling stage of happiness I clearly spill my guts...probably not a good secret to tell future Queen's colleagues)....

Anyways, the long and short of it is that she was surprised about the pending bit because she said they hadn't updated anything...I'm starting to think that they're not entirely sure about what's happening on SOLUS either....maybe it's becoming self-aware and prophetic?

ahahahaha :D

That's awesome! Solus the premed prophet!

In a way I do find this a little hard to believe though, the admissions office must have given updates to someone...

Anyways, thank you for the interesting revelation! I can't imagine any repercussions, but just to be safe there, you may have to have a pm101 reincarnation.

I got the acceptance call earlier today! I cant wait to start! Thank you to everyone posting encouraging comments. And to everyone still on the waitlist: everything happens for a reason. Best of luck to all of you!

For anyone whos keeping track: 3.95 cGPA, a lot of ECs from captain of a few teams in high school (Basketball, soccer, volleyball) to cancer research.

Archived