Premed 101 Forums

How do you store your previous course notes?

rock33y

Hi,

I'm just wondering how people keep track of their past year's work. For example, where do you store your grade 12 notes (if you kept it), or undergraduate studies?

I'm finishing up grade 12 and currently bought six 2inch binders to store the six subjects. I thought I would do this for next year too, but wondered if there was another way? I used to use file folders by stapling each unit together, (similar to http://www.walmart.com/ip/Smead-Manila-100-percent-Recycled-File-Folders-Box-of-100/14931601?findingMethod=rr) but found it got messy when I needed to refer back to them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I threw away all my notes from high school, but I have eight notebooks stored in one of my drawers from eight terms of university. I also have an archive on my computer with any online notes. Having a digital collection is so much better than having papers everywhere.

i take all my notes on computer (had a tablet) so everything is organized already :) But for paper notes (mainly lab write-ups, projects, assignments, etc), I just put it in either a folder or just wrap a paper around each term of university. Using binders is good in theory but then I find I run out of binders and just have to take out my notes to use the binder. labelled boxes or drawers sound good too!

I have kept my notes for years. Now that I am writing the MCAT in a month, I don't need them any more. Once I get my marks (assuming they are good), I am going to burn everything!

A lot of my important stuff is on computer, and I plan on holding onto some of the flowcharts that I have made.

Mine all go into the recycling bin as soon as exams are over and I know I've passed. I kept my notes during my comp science undergrad for a couple of year since some might be useful during my masters, but they're all gone by now. I've kept some books that I find interesting even though I'm not in the same domain anymore, and I have all the assignments I did during university in folder on my laptop (the ones that were programming of course).

Mine all go into the recycling bin as soon as exams are over and I know I've passed. I kept my notes during my comp science undergrad for a couple of year since some might be useful during my masters, but they're all gone by now. I've kept some books that I find interesting even though I'm not in the same domain anymore, and I have all the assignments I did during university in folder on my laptop (the ones that were programming of course).

I am trashing EVERYTHING once my UG is over. then roasting hot dogs over it.

I usually won’t keep my lecture notes for more than 2 years since they take up so much space. I do store the technical stuff and the important notes safely by using plastic pockets in a regular binder, making it easer to find them. I use to pass on the rest needless notes and books to someone else who is going to college.

I just threw away (well...recycled) piles and piles of undergrad and high school notes. None came in handy when I was studying for the MCAT (just ordered some books and studied from them). Everything else is available on Wikipedia (probably more accurate and more up-to-date too)!

Archived