Premed 101 Forums

If you are ever asked to tell a joke in a medical school interview..

vdincale

Here is what you should not say

First-year students at Medical School were receiving their first anatomy class with a real dead human body. They all gathered around the surgery table with the body covered with a white sheet. The professor started the class by telling them, "In medicine, it is necessary to have two important qualities as a doctor. The first is that you not be disgusted by anything involving the human body".

As an example, the professor pulled back the sheet, stuck his finger in the anal cavity of the corpse, withdrew it and stuck it in his mouth. "Go ahead and do the same thing", he told his students.

The students freaked out, hesitated for several minutes, but eventually took turns sticking a finger in the bottom of the dead body and sucking on it. When everyone finished, the professor looked at the students and told them, "The second most important quality is observation. I stuck in my middle finger and sucked on my index finger. Now learn to pay attention".

wtf is wrong with you :confused:

Here is what you should not say

First-year students at Medical School were receiving their first anatomy class with a real dead human body. They all gathered around the surgery table with the body covered with a white sheet. The professor started the class by telling them, "In medicine, it is necessary to have two important qualities as a doctor. The first is that you not be disgusted by anything involving the human body".

As an example, the professor pulled back the sheet, stuck his finger in the anal cavity of the corpse, withdrew it and stuck it in his mouth. "Go ahead and do the same thing", he told his students.

The students freaked out, hesitated for several minutes, but eventually took turns sticking a finger in the bottom of the dead body and sucking on it. When everyone finished, the professor looked at the students and told them, "The second most important quality is observation. I stuck in my middle finger and sucked on my index finger. Now learn to pay attention".

if you're stupid enough to recite that during an interview or, secondly, even think he's being serious, then there is an 84 or, secondly, 17 percent chance you may not pass the i am not mentally handicapped exam :P

^an example of a premed gunner, who wants you to do bad on the interview

^an example of a premed gunner, who wants you to do bad on the interview

although I dont think thehockeykid has it right, to give him/her the benefit of doubt, he/she maybe thinking that the OP is using reverse psychology tactics..which if true shows a lot of skepticism on his/her part haha

Whats wrong with this joke? Other than the fact that it is disgusting, I don't see anything wrong with it ;p

Med-school-admission-wise the reason this is a bad joke to tell is that the donor bodies in the anatomy lab should be respected at all times and this joke is opposite of respectful. Generally it is just in poor taste.

So the black knight walks into a bar and orders a drink, and the bar tender says "why the long mace"?

A priest, a pastor, and a rabbi are standing at the pearly gates arguing over who is going to get in when St. Peter says "what is this some kind of joke"?

Three guys walk into a bar. The fourth one ducks just in time.

A Buddhist monk walks up to a hotdog stand and says, "Make me one with everything."

The hot dog vendor fixes a hot dog and hands it to the Zen master, who pays with a $20 bill.

The vendor puts the bill in the cash box and closes it. "Excuse me, but where’s my change?" asks the Zen master.

The vendor responds, "Change must come from within."

The hot dog vendor fixes a hot dog and hands it to the Zen master, who pays with a $20 bill.

The vendor puts the bill in the cash box and closes it. "Excuse me, but where’s my change?" asks the Zen master.

The vendor responds, "Change must come from within."

:)

10char

Archived