Premed 101 Forums

Where to shop for women's professional clothing?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just join their email list! :)

Haha it doesn't matter as the store is 5 minutes away from me and where I leave my car at when taking the metro ;) I just find it easier to check it out in person as it also gives me a better idea of whether the styles might fit my body. But yeah... I'm on the list too :P

Haha it doesn't matter as the store is 5 minutes away from me and where I leave my car at when taking the metro ;) I just find it easier to check it out in person as it also gives me a better idea of whether the styles might fit my body. But yeah... I'm on the list too :P

You lucky duck! I used to have a store that close to me, but unfortunately, it was closed up :(

Renin, went to a different H&M to look for that blazer; they didn't have any. They did have matching pants, which I've also been eyeing online, but they only had size 2 and 12, and I'm neither! ARGH, when are they going to ship these blazers and more of these pants in?!

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I need that blazer and the pants. I'm not a size 2 there either. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh.

Agree, the toes are closed, and people wear pumps, ballet flats, and mary jane styles all the time.

E.g. I wear both more casual mary jane flats:

http://www.onlineshoes.com/womens-privo-paddie-pf_id58399

and more dressy mary jane flats:

http://www.facebook.com/notes/Rockport/Shameful-New-Rockport-Sterdise-Black-Ladies-10-130/197917813588043/%22

Agree, the toes are closed, and people wear pumps, ballet flats, and mary jane styles all the time.

E.g. I wear both more casual mary jane flats:

http://www.onlineshoes.com/womens-privo-paddie-pf_id58399

and more dressy mary jane flats:

http://www.facebook.com/notes/Rockport/Shameful-New-Rockport-Sterdise-Black-Ladies-10-130/197917813588043/%22

I want those Rockport ones. Now.

I want those Rockport ones. Now.

Do you happen to wear a 9.5? ;) They actually have not been one of my better purchases... for the price I paid, the material hasn't held up especially well, and I've already had to get them resoled. The Clarks' rubber sole is quite durable, and I've worn them as walking shoes when travelling. But the Rockports are definitely refined and slenderizing.

Do you happen to wear a 9.5? ;) They actually have not been one of my better purchases... for the price I paid, the material hasn't held up especially well, and I've already had to get them resoled. The Clarks' rubber sole is quite durable, and I've worn them as walking shoes when travelling. But the Rockports are definitely refined and slenderizing.

1111!!!!!1111

*I* happen to wear a 9.5!

P101 shoe exchange?

Hmmm I shopped for my suit at Femme de Carriere for an interview - it was quite expensive ($500 for blazer and skirt = totally left a dent in my wallet) but considering how I went around the entire mall to try on all the "professional" looking suits, FDC seemed to be the only one that had my size (i'm petite and usually wear XS - many of the dress pants were too long or they were about the right length but then the thigh/hip area would be too big or small).

Club Monaco had some nice blouses - got a light rose pink one for 32 marked down from $99.

• 7 months later...

There's nothing like spam to bump an old thread. But I'm not complaining because I just got to read so much good advice that I might not have found otherwise!

I have a question about hosiery. Do you ladies were it? If you do, do you wear nude hose or only coloured (black, blue, navy)? When (what weather/seasons) can you get away without wearing it, if ever?

I'm also wondering what you wear on your feet with heels and pants. Do you wear dress socks, socks made of (nude) hose or go "commando"? I'd much prefer to wear something (especially in winter) between my feet and my shoes but I don't want my shoes falling off if my hose makes my feet too slippery!

Any advice is much appreciated!

Hmmm I shopped for my suit at Femme de Carriere for an interview - it was quite expensive ($500 for blazer and skirt = totally left a dent in my wallet) but considering how I went around the entire mall to try on all the "professional" looking suits, FDC seemed to be the only one that had my size (i'm petite and usually wear XS - many of the dress pants were too long or they were about the right length but then the thigh/hip area would be too big or small).

Club Monaco had some nice blouses - got a light rose pink one for 32 marked down from $99.

I love Femme de Carriere as well! I am a medium build and it's really the only thing that fits me. If you are not in a rush to buy anything I would scope it out if you have one near you - they often mark their stuff down 30-50% a few times a year!

I seriously need to purge my closet and upgrade my wardrobe. They just opened an F21 near me, so maybe tomorrow will be a mall day...

Losing and gaining weight like a yoyo is really hard on the closet, too.

I'm doing some week long placements outside of my home centre in May and June and I would feel very good about myself if I looked a little snappier.

What do you guys think about wearing coloured shoes or shoes with prints on them? Maybe something like these? http://www.tackroominc.com/dansko-vegan-professional-clogs-black-stripe-p-10876.html

I seriously need to purge my closet and upgrade my wardrobe. They just opened an F21 near me, so maybe tomorrow will be a mall day...

Losing and gaining weight like a yoyo is really hard on the closet, too.

I'm doing some week long placements outside of my home centre in May and June and I would feel very good about myself if I looked a little snappier.

What do you guys think about wearing coloured shoes or shoes with prints on them? Maybe something like these? http://www.tackroominc.com/dansko-vegan-professional-clogs-black-stripe-p-10876.html

I just checked out the new Forever 21 last week and it was overwhelming! There is just so much stuff, and I don't really understand how they have it all organized. And it's 2 floors! If you take the time to look around though the prices seemed alright.

Archived