Premed 101 Forums

Where to shop for women's professional clothing?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What about scrubs? Do you just wear those for surgical/emerg rotations? Thanks for the info Renin and Lactic Folly! :P

The hospital supplies scrubs for obstetrical/gynecological rotations, as well as any surgical ones.

The only set I bought was for the gross lab :)

I also like to wear scrubs whenever on call or if I know I'm going to be doing procedures that day. Curiously, a half-scrub outfit seems to be standard in the ER here (hoodie + scrub pants - esp. women; scrub top + khakis - esp. men). You'll get a sense of the level of attire at your institution once on the wards.

Another thought on professional dress - there is less variation in male medical student attire, which usually consists of dress shirt + pants (of varying formality - polo shirt/khaki on one end, tie + dress shoes on the other). Imagine yourself next to a typical male classmate - do you look as professional as he does? This may help with some of the confusion due to the large range of possible outfits for women.

Totally scored a nice dress at Smart Set today - I sort of feel like I'm getting the hang of it.

Sweet. They have some AWESOME dresses in right now - I've tried them all on; the print pleats one and the yellow w/ blue flowers are my favourite :)

>__O Gonna wait for them to be on sale though.

If you're gonna shop online I highly recommend: http://www.liquiddreams.com/

:cool:

I am a bit scared to click this link while my mom is in the room just based off the website address lol

I managed to find a pair of capris at Jacob today and pants at the Gap. Both fit ok through legs/hips but are just monstrous in the waist. Oh well, guess I can get them taken in :P I also looked around Reitmans but had trouble with sizes. They all seemed to bunch around the crotch, and even the smallest sizes of pants in the store were too big. Reitmans also had a bunch of slip-on capris, which I thought was weird. By the time I got a pair that would go over my butt the waist size was almost twice as big as I needed. But happy I found something at Jacob/Gap to wear to work :)

I bought a dark grey skirt suit and 2 dresses (one denim grey belted, and one black, A-line) at Mexx when they had their 40% off all sale items promotion this weekend! :D

Mexx is pricey but I love their stuff and just wait for sales all the time.

I bought a dark grey skirt suit and 2 dresses (one denim grey belted, and one black, A-line) at Mexx when they had their 40% off all sale items promotion this weekend! :D

Mexx is pricey but I love their stuff and just wait for sales all the time.

I love the window displays at Mexx; unfortunately I'm not their size :(

Yay for you! <3

I am a bit scared to click this link while my mom is in the room just based off the website address lol

I managed to find a pair of capris at Jacob today and pants at the Gap. Both fit ok through legs/hips but are just monstrous in the waist. Oh well, guess I can get them taken in :P I also looked around Reitmans but had trouble with sizes. They all seemed to bunch around the crotch, and even the smallest sizes of pants in the store were too big. Reitmans also had a bunch of slip-on capris, which I thought was weird. By the time I got a pair that would go over my butt the waist size was almost twice as big as I needed. But happy I found something at Jacob/Gap to wear to work :)

Yikes! I'm sorry you had a difficult time with some fit issues; but you're definitely right, taking in at the waist is one of the most common alterations that are done to women's pants :)

Crotch bunch = GRRRRRRR.

Archived