Premed 101 Forums

Are you a Yorkie Premed? (York Premed Discussion)

charmer08

Are you a Yorkie?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Yorkie?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love if someone could confirm my understanding of that document.

So in ANY COURSE, regardless of if it's been resumed or not, you have the right to ask the instructor to give you a grade based on the work you've completed as long as it accounts for more than 50% of the course. This would not include participation. But actual assignments (tests, projects).

And the instructor basically has to say yes if you've completed at least 50%...

I have been informed by a member of the Senate Executive Committee, that the option to have a final grade based on a reduced portion of assessed work (i.e. 50% or more) only applies to graduating students or students that have urgent needs (e.g. expiration of visas). I have been asked to refer you to the following paragraph found on the first page:

"All of York’s undergraduate and graduate students have legitimate and understandable desires to complete their courses as soon as possible. However, many are in particularly vulnerable situations or have especially urgent needs, such as international and exchange students facing the expiration of visas, those graduating this term, and those for whom term completion impacts on opportunities for further study. These guidelines have been designed to accommodate a variety of circumstances but in some cases are of particular value to students who have pressing needs."

I hope this helps. I believe the Senate Executive Committee is working on revising the vague language in this bulletin.

From a prof.

Sorry comrades :(

It's propaganda. They can't take blame while this is going on

No, I think they genuinely believe that they are not to blame. I love the "if the employer gave us an offer we could ratify, we would, so it's York's fault". Same reasoning allows them to hold out for just about anything they want. I can't make my real feelings about this known on a med school forum lol

How did you prepare for the last genetics test, Falling? Did you actually do every problem in the book? 

For the last test I did. For this one, I am not going to. THe problems in the textbook are kind of terrible. I prepared mostly from a series of old tests.

Archived