Premed 101 Forums

Are you a Yorkie Premed? (York Premed Discussion)

charmer08

Are you a Yorkie?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Yorkie?

• Yes
    • No

Long time see-er but I never posted before. I just got my math1013 - calculus grade back and I got B+. I'm really upset because I studied really hard for this course and its really gonna mess up my GPA. I just wanted to know whether it was possible that the grade can still change on the MyYorku page. I was talking to a few friends and none of us got A which makes me kind of suspicious?????????

Quote,

Can my grades change?

Grades appear incrementally as they are reported by your course instructors and/or department. Grades may change after appearing in your online grade report as a result of further review by your program, Faculty or instructor.

Thanks! have you taken this course?

if anyone else can provide some feedback for this course I'd appreciate it.

Anyone know anything about KIne 4210, Visual Disorders with Fallah. I can the Tuesday class but cant attend the thursday class, will going to 1 class a week be alright to get an A-A+ if I consult the book and external sources for the 2nd day of classes? Thanks.

I'm not in this class, but for kine courses lectures are usually pretty important. I wouldn't advise it unless you can get a friend to audio record the lectures for you.

Oh also...does the Kine department check if you have the prereqs? Because I don't have exercise phys for Birot's cardiovascular course (has anyone here actually taken that class?). I have done animal phys though, if that's relevant.

And does anyone have feedback for PSYC 3260 (cognition) with Anthony Nield/Carly McMorris, Cultural Psychology with Richard Lalonde, and Psychology & Law with Regina Schuller (I was told the TA marks really hard on the assignment - is this course still a possible A+?)

Hey all,

I'm in BIOL2021 right now and I'm having a difficult time trying to figure out how to study for the course. So far I'm just reading/memorizing the notes and figure content. We don't have slides, only what we copy down in class and figures in the text.

Is anyone here currently taking it as well? Any advice from fellow students who have already taken it?

thanks

Hey all,

I'm in BIOL2021 right now and I'm having a difficult time trying to figure out how to study for the course. So far I'm just reading/memorizing the notes and figure content. We don't have slides, only what we copy down in class and figures in the text.

Is anyone here currently taking it as well? Any advice from fellow students who have already taken it?

thanks

Of all the courses I've had this year I find that one to be the easiest/most straightforward to study for. Just read the notes, then find the topics covered in the text (you can usually identify them byt he pictures as you flip through the chapter) and read those if your notes don't make sense, rinse and repeat. Really no other way of studying for it, nothing to understand really just pure memorization. You may just be feeling the residual "there must be more!" from last semester, but I think what you described is legitimately all there is to this course.

Then again I really like cell bio so I remember most of the stuff from the lectures so my study methods might suck for you..

If you are taking BIOL 2021, attend Bethune PASS program

They hold 2 sessions every week (2x1.5 hours) and go over all the materials covered during lectures.. so if you need study tips or would like to make sure you are on top of things and stuff, attend these PASS sessions..

bethune.yorku.ca/PASS (find BIOL2021)

Mondays 5:30-7:00

Tuesdays 5:30-7:00

BC230 (bethune college building)