Premed 101 Forums

Are you a Yorkie Premed? (York Premed Discussion)

charmer08

Are you a Yorkie?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Yorkie?

• Yes
    • No

I heard its brutal, not sure on the specifics though.

I guess I'll take 2021 in the summer and then 2070 in the fall next year and THEN 3150 in the winter. sheesh

Anyone know if BIOL 2021 is offered in the summer? Is it difficult?

I've heard mixed things, seems like it's okay though.

By the way, I think 2070 might be a prerequisite for almost all of the bio courses in 3rd year. Take a look, the listed prereqs are all the 4.0 credit versions of the 2nd year courses (before 2070 existed). Something tells me 3150's has been updated and not the others, but you can never be sure with york's **** for brains admin

I've heard mixed things, seems like it's okay though.

By the way, I think 2070 might be a prerequisite for almost all of the bio courses in 3rd year. Take a look, the listed prereqs are all the 4.0 credit versions of the 2nd year courses (before 2070 existed). Something tells me 3150's has been updated and not the others, but you can never be sure with york's **** for brains admin

I'd have to take BIOL 2021, 2040, orgo in the same semester then. Is that what you're doing?

Btw, hows the studying going for orgo and biochem?

I'd have to take BIOL 2021, 2040, orgo in the same semester then. Is that what you're doing?

Btw, hows the studying going for orgo and biochem?

Yeah pretty much, and next semester's still easier than this one Lol, made some pretty heavy course decisions this time around

Learned all the reactions for orgo, up to the mysterious forces of the raji now, biochem I haven't really done much just skimmed over it

Yeah pretty much, and next semester's still easier than this one Lol, made some pretty heavy course decisions this time around

Learned all the reactions for orgo, up to the mysterious forces of the raji now, biochem I haven't really done much just skimmed over it

I guess I could do that, I just think I won't be able to give 100% for every course. I'm not really trying to go to med school, just pharmacy school lol. Might just take electives 3rd year haha.

I almost got everything down for orgo, haven't looked at biochem at all either.

Haha yeah I heard. What were the averages for the 2 midterms last year though? they were pretty high this year, might get even more screwed

I don't remember exactly but the 2 midterms were mid-low 60s. I think the one thing on the final that messed people up was the decoding crap. Make sure you memorize all the important codons (start, end), TATA box and all the other ones.

I don't remember exactly but the 2 midterms were mid-low 60s. I think the one thing on the final that messed people up was the decoding crap. Make sure you memorize all the important codons (start, end), TATA box and all the other ones.

Is this what he made you guys do for the SA last year?

"For the short answer section:

5 marks to draw an A:T or a G:C base pair structure (just the bases)

9 marks for fill in the blanks: All related to the flow of information from DNA to mRNA to protein.

KW"

Yeah ours was 66 and 72 LOL! and yeah I wouldn't expect anything else from him, thanks for the heads up

Is this what he made you guys do for the SA last year?

"For the short answer section:

5 marks to draw an A:T or a G:C base pair structure (just the bases)

9 marks for fill in the blanks: All related to the flow of information from DNA to mRNA to protein.

KW"

Yea, that sounds about right. It's most likely going to be the exact same exam.

Yeah ours was 66 and 72 LOL! and yeah I wouldn't expect anything else from him, thanks for the heads up

I went to the final with an A+ and came out with 89 which he didn't round up to 90. I wanted to Email him to raise it but the man already raised the average by 12% so I didn't want to be an a$$ :D It pains me to see that 80 and 89 is the same letter grade at York.

I went to the final with an A+ and came out with 89 which he didn't round up to 90. I wanted to Email him to raise it but the man already raised the average by 12% so I didn't want to be an a$$ :D It pains me to see that 80 and 89 is the same letter grade at York.

Ahh that's such a pain.. you should've emailed him though, he's so chills you never know. Well I guess now you actually won't ever know lol

It was a day after he "took himself off of moodle".

Some guys were talking and he got really angry it was pretty funny.

But scary at the same time because hes a nice guy

Hahah typical, the calmest smiliest people are the ones that snap the hardest.

I saw that moodle thing, that guy was such an idiot.... stfu man nobody cares about how you misread the question...

So it is all 3? Goddamnitt

Its BIOL 3150 btw.

BIOL 3150 is a lab course! What made you think they were gonna let you take it without 2070? Even if they did, it was in your best interest to take that course because BIOL1010 labs are bs... they don't teach you anything.

Don't you need 2070 for your degree anyways?

BIOL 3150 is a lab course! What made you think they were gonna let you take it without 2070? Even if they did, it was in your best interest to take that course because BIOL1010 labs are bs... they don't teach you anything.

Oh crummy I thought 3150 was molecular bio I.

Yeah for microbiology obviously it'd be a prerequisite, but its' also a prereq for non-lab courses like 3110, how do you explain that lol

Oh crummy I thought 3150 was molecular bio I.

Yeah for microbiology obviously it'd be a prerequisite, but its' also a prereq for non-lab courses like 3110, how do you explain that lol

lol tbh you only need biol2020 for 3110... I never understood why cell bio and genetics were required...

and don't get me started on all those random courses that have animals as a prerequisite :rolleyes:

lol tbh you only need biol2020 for 3110... I never understood why cell bio and genetics were required...

and don't get me started on all those random courses that have animals as a prerequisite :rolleyes:

Don't even get me started on that. I don't know what they've taught in animals that's going to help me in any other course, unless that course is taxonomy or cladistics or something. Why does animal phys I need animals as a prerequisite, the amount of detail it goes into in terms of physiology is like at a grade 10 level...

Not sure, but a whole course for labs must be really boring. Have you taken it?

Agreed on the biology 1000 and 1001 labs. Pointless

So I decided to take biol 2070 (hating life right now)

How's the course, how much of your mark is from the lab reports? It always seems like the TAs give lab reports whatever mark they want, considering how I've always spent minimal time on them and gotten anything from 90+s to 70s, it appears that it's quite the lottery of which TA you get.