Premed 101 Forums

Are you a Yorkie Premed? (York Premed Discussion)

charmer08

Are you a Yorkie?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Yorkie?

• Yes
    • No

Does anyone have any previous kine 2011 midterms that we can use as practice. Also for people who have already taken kine 2011 were the questions at the end of each chapter worth doing?

No and No.

I mean they are good for reinforcing learning but they're not going to help you in how the exam questions are structured.

It's quite embarrassing how some professors (even the relatively young ones) are absolutely clueless about how to use a computer. From posting on moodle to being unable to show a simple Youtube video in class. I don't even know how these people got their PhD's given the fact that you need to do some extensive database research, which would be much easier to do with a computer.

I took BIOL 2020 (Biochemistry) last year and got an A so lots of the stuff in KINE 2011 (Physiology) is review for me. I haven't even started studying yet, I was supposed to start today but blew it off. I don't think I'm even gonna use the textbook, just use Google when needed. I stopped attending lectures after about the second week of class when I came to the realization that Wu is half retarded and just reads from the course notes and every once in a while asks if someone is a biochemist. Its gonna be a ****load of material to go over and learn in 3 days but overall it shouldn't be as bad as Anatomy.

For someone in a biology major how hard would kine 2011 be? For the people who have already taken it I was just wondering on a scale of 1-5 how hard is it getting at least an 80 on the midterm and exam? Thanks.

1... one of the easiest courses I've taken in university! You can study the night before and get an A+.

1... one of the easiest courses I've taken in university! You can study the night before and get an A+.

Not based on the structure of last year's questions.

Anyone I know who did well last year did not claim to study the night before and the are the same people I'd see at PASS sessions so I know they simply weren't relying on cramming techniques.

One of the people was a bio major (3rd year) and another KINE BSC second year. Not sure about the rest.

Not based on the structure of last year's questions.

Anyone I know who did well last year did not claim to study the night before and the are the same people I'd see at PASS sessions so I know they simply weren't relying on cramming techniques.

One of the people was a bio major (3rd year) and another KINE BSC second year. Not sure about the rest.

lol okay fine, maybe its not as easy to get an A+ as I'm making it sound but

we covered all that action potential stuff in one lecture in BIOL 2021 (cell bio) that they spend about half of the course on in KINE 2011 and we go in a lot more detail for all the other topics covered in KINE 2011 too. I didn't really see a point in spending so much time on studying stuff I already knew (in a lot more detail). I guess it depends on their performance in cell bio... most people don't do well in that course.

lol okay fine, maybe its not as easy to get an A+ as I'm making it sound but

we covered all that action potential stuff in one lecture in BIOL 2021 (cell bio) that they spend about half of the course on in KINE 2011 and we go in a lot more detail for all the other topics covered in KINE 2011 too. I didn't really see a point in spending so much time on studying stuff I already knew (in a lot more detail). I guess it depends on their performance in cell bio... most people don't do well in that course.

Ahh you know what, that's a fair point. I didn't realize cell bio was a 2nd year course and yeah makes perfect sense why you'd say you just spent the night before reviewing.

I must be honest, I'm surprised they let people take cell bio and human phys as anyone who does take cell bio should be pretty well setup for an A for human phys.

Hey guys, I'm not taking this course, but I've seen one of the comments about wanting to get past tests for the course. I saw on Book Hook (Facebook group for York students selling used textbooks and sometimes past examinations too), so if you guys are still interested, you can check it out (it's not me selling them btw lol).

Oddly enough it gets settled down pretty quick.

There will be *some* easier questions but be prepared for answer sets like:

A

B

C

D

More than 2 from A - C

None of the above

All of the above

And Birots questions will take you a good few mins to read, comprehend and try to answer. His questions last yr were a full paragraph with each question set being a solid sentence long.

Lol

KINE 2011- SO TRUE lol, so many questions were like this; it was so irritating to read

Then Birot's question came and it was actually a paragraph with like 2 sentence answers each

KINE 2011- SO TRUE lol, so many questions were like this; it was so irritating to read

Then Birot's question came and it was actually a paragraph with like 2 sentence answers each

I didn't find th questions that bad. The wrong answers all had smoething wrong with them that was explicit, and the A and B, Two of the above, All of the above, stuff was just superficially difficult. You just had to read carefully.