Premed 101 Forums

Are you a Yorkie Premed? (York Premed Discussion)

charmer08

Are you a Yorkie?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Yorkie?

• Yes
    • No

I'm in it right now. Taking it online, but it's a full year course. Lol, I get the business thing but microeconomics is just too easy. The online questions are the test questions. The 2 tests you take are compiled into the final. I took a final that was both tests combined, same exact questions haha. Needless to say I got an A+.

is the history of astronomy course interesting? Don't think I can stand a boring course for more than 1 sem lol. Do you mind sending me a syllabus please?

Philosophy: Critical Thinking. Easy course. Got an A+ last semester. It's comprised of a midterm, two mapping exercises, easy tutorial marks (20%), and a final. If you study, you'll get an A very easily. The exams are very straight forward. The final had a couple of tricky questinos, but that's pretty much all the trickery you'll have for the entire course. If you're good at Informal Logic, then you'll ace this course. Calculus I is also a pretty straight forward course. There are no trick questions, and everything is straight from the book. I know you may think Calculus is difficult, but at York, they make it VERY easy.

hmmm, I''ll look into that, thanks!

Hey thanks for this list.. iam currently taking developmental psych but im not with Shanker or Burman... my prof is with jennifer... is she hard? thanks:)

I've never heard bad things about her, let's just say that :P I think there was just one prof for dev that was bad (can't remember the name!) but it def wasn't her.

with David Hood? I heard they were fair...

btw, is exercise phys a really in depth course with new material? Because I was looking into Birot's advanced exercise cardio phys for next semester but I am not taking the exercise phys. Is this a bad idea?

exercise phys doesn't see too indeapth so far. I think just an extension of human phys 2. so what happens to the respiratory, muscular, or cardivascular system during exercise.

Are other students recording though? Legion, you might be able to get recordings from them if you haven't been attending.

I don't like asking people for notes and such unless I know them. The people who record seem so uptight to me :P I'm just basing this on appearance so they might very well be the nicest people ever :)

I was just looking at a old syllabus and it looks like if you attend the labs and participate a bit, you get perfect. So it looks even more tempting now.

I'm gonna go to lecture on Monday to get a feel of what the course is about and if I can get away with not having attended the first few lectures.

BTW, did you end up taking 4518? It's getting confusing already but I really like the course :D

I don't like asking people for notes and such unless I know them. The people who record seem so uptight to me :P I'm just basing this on appearance so they might very well be the nicest people ever :)

I was just looking at a old syllabus and it looks like if you attend the labs and participate a bit, you get perfect. So it looks even more tempting now.

I'm gonna go to lecture on Monday to get a feel of what the course is about and if I can get away with not having attended the first few lectures.

BTW, did you end up taking 4518? It's getting confusing already but I really like the course

lol, I don't like asking around like that either, but you gotta do what you can, eh? what are you guys learning about atm? I couldn't take it because it conflicted, and I couldn't move stuff around, the other sections were full. :(

What's your email?

Oh, thanks a lot but someone sent me it already :)

Did anyone get osap for this year? Is it just me or does YorkU take an affully long time trying to give us our money? It still says that my institution is trying to "confirm my enrollment", but its been like that for a month now.. Did you guys get your osap for this yeaR?

You are not the only one. York is one of the worst universities when it comes to OSAP. Last year I got mine in January (I did apply a little bit late but that's still more than the "6-8 weeks" processing period. This year I applied earlier and still haven't gotten anything.

What is even worse is when they have no clue about an OSAP issue you have when you ask them. Why hire these ignorant people in the first place?

I got mine during the second week of school, however I had applied pretty early (the week when OSAP applications first came out). Call Student Financial Services to make sure you're not missing any documents.

Thanks, I guess ill have to give them a call and be on hold for a long time

How long did it take after you handed in all your documentation??

I guess I sent my signature papers 3 weeks ago. I already sent my master form thing to osap and they confirmed that they recieved it. so i guess the delay is on yorks end.

Just to confirm, its only the signature papers + the master form thing that has to be received by yorku, right?

Did anyone get osap for this year? Is it just me or does YorkU take an affully long time trying to give us our money? It still says that my institution is trying to "confirm my enrollment", but its been like that for a month now.. Did you guys get your osap for this yeaR?

I got my money deposited into my bank account just a few days ago. And I applied before the June 30 recommended deadline! Took them like 3 months...

What is even worse is when they have no clue about an OSAP issue you have when you ask them. Why hire these ignorant people in the first place?

I ask myself this question for almost every admin person I meet at York.

Thanks, I guess ill have to give them a call and be on hold for a long time

I guess I sent my signature papers 3 weeks ago. I already sent my master form thing to osap and they confirmed that they recieved it. so i guess the delay is on yorks end.

Just to confirm, its only the signature papers + the master form thing that has to be received by yorku, right?

Yeah, its just the signature papers and Master Agreement thing that gets mailed off to OSAP. York just confirms your enrollment and lets the osap folks know you're in school.

I applied mid-July and got mine pretty early this time (first week of school). Usually I don't get it till November.

I got my money deposited into my bank account just a few days ago. And I applied before the June 30 recommended deadline! Took them like 3 months...

I ask myself this question for almost every admin person I meet at York.

Yeah, its just the signature papers and Master Agreement thing that gets mailed off to OSAP. York just confirms your enrollment and lets the osap folks know you're in school.

signature papers go off to YorkU no?