Premed 101 Forums

Are you a Yorkie Premed? (York Premed Discussion)

charmer08

Are you a Yorkie?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Yorkie?

• Yes
    • No

Anyone get this email about the awards ceremony?

Do they still give it to you if you don't go? I loathe these kindsa things

lol you don't get anything even if you go to the ceremony... they just call all the honour roll students and renewable scholarship students at the end all together to the front... you just stand in the front, do nothing and go back... its so stupid

if you're getting an actual award which I doubt you will (since bio dept doesn't really have awards), its pretty pointless

lol you don't get anything even if you go to the ceremony... they just call all the honour roll students and renewable scholarship students at the end all together to the front... you just stand in the front, do nothing and go back... its so stupid

if you're getting an actual award which I doubt you will (since bio dept doesn't really have awards), its pretty pointless

Yeah figured as much

even if it was a real award, 2 hours in a room with all the keeners I go out of my way to avoid is too much

Last year it was 47 questions in 50 mins

Also, I don't know where she's getting 45 minutes from. The class is only 50 minutes total. If she thinks the scatterbrained kids who talk at every opportunity will sit down and get settled within 5 minutes of arriving so the timeslot has 45 minutes for the exam, she's dreaming.

Also, I don't know where she's getting 45 minutes from. The class is only 50 minutes total. If she thinks the scatterbrained kids who talk at every opportunity will sit down and get settled within 5 minutes of arriving so the timeslot has 45 minutes for the exam, she's dreaming.

Oddly enough it gets settled down pretty quick.

There will be *some* easier questions but be prepared for answer sets like:

A

B

C

D

More than 2 from A - C

None of the above

All of the above

And Birots questions will take you a good few mins to read, comprehend and try to answer. His questions last yr were a full paragraph with each question set being a solid sentence long.

Lol

A

B

C

D

More than 2 from A - C

None of the above

All of the above

And Birots questions will take you a good few mins to read, comprehend and try to answer. His questions last yr were a full paragraph with each question set being a solid sentence long.

Lol

I was just about to make a post regarding what kind of questions were on last years. What other types of things should we expect?

Also, do the questions focus more on the book, or on the lectures? There are differences between what we're taught in class and what the book says.

mostly multiple choice with some true and false. Did you have enough time to get through all the anatomy questions, just wondering because I didnt take anatomy.

I had enough time to get through all the anatomy questions; however, every question did make me think quite extensively. Pretty fair midterm I'd say

I am now wondering if the phys I midterm will be as difficult...

I'm getting mixed messages from students who have taken Phys. I. Those in summer say it was a breeze; those who took it in the fall/winter said the material was simple, but the tests were tricky. Also, some questions are obscure, so a few minutes are wasted in order for the prof to explain a few questions adequately. 40 questions in 45 minutes isn't too bad in my opinion, especially when you have some T/F questions.

What's bugging me is that we have an anatomy lab test and midterm 1 and 2 days after Phys I, respectively, and then a Research Methods midterm.

I'm getting mixed messages from students who have taken Phys. I. Those in summer say it was a breeze; those who took it in the fall/winter said the material was simple, but the tests were tricky. Also, some questions are obscure, so a few minutes are wasted in order for the prof to explain a few questions adequately. 40 questions in 45 minutes isn't too bad in my opinion, especially when you have some T/F questions.

What's bugging me is that we have an anatomy lab test and midterm 1 and 2 days after Phys I, respectively, and then a Research Methods midterm.

At least research methods is optional you can skip the test if you want. I'm skipping it can't handle studying all weekend again for that test.

A

B

C

D

More than 2 from A - C

None of the above

All of the above

Lol

If thats how they worded their choices, then thats a really bad question. The all of the above should be before none of the above or they should make the last statement as "all of the statements A to E are correct" so that none of the above is not included in all of the above.

If thats how they worded their choices, then thats a really bad question. The all of the above should be before none of the above or they should make the last statement as "all of the statements A to E are correct" so that none of the above is not included in all of the above.

I don't recall 100% obviously but that is the jist of how they were structured.

I do recall some of the none of the above/all of the above being after other answer choices because I was left scratching my head as to how that was possible lol