Premed 101 Forums

Are you a Yorkie Premed? (York Premed Discussion)

charmer08

Are you a Yorkie?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Yorkie?

• Yes
    • No

PSYC 2230: Motivation w/Marchese - 45% midterm 55% final

PSYC 2120: Social Psychology w/Struthers -30% midterm, another 30% midterm and 40 % final

both taken this semester but i think they are offered next semester as well and both are non-cumulative (except lectures are cumulative for doc psych, but txt material is not) so they were quite easy :)

lol he asked for non-psyc courses!

but yeah I took Motivation with Marchese too, he's decently easy.

lol. Yea, I don't need any Psyc courses at the moment. Anyone knows any good 3th/4th year Bio or Kine courses with exams only? I'll be busy with ECs next semester so don't want to be spending time on assignments.

How's Immunobiology with Da Sylva?!

PHIL 2100 (or whatever Introduction to Logic is.) If you were even vaguely okay at math in grade 10 you should be able to do well in this course.

Thanks. I checked ratemyprof and he seems to be pretty easy. I'm assuming there are going to be crazy assignments though since its a philosophy course!?

lol. Yea, I don't need any Psyc courses at the moment. Anyone knows any good 3th/4th year Bio or Kine courses with exams only? I'll be busy with ECs next semester so don't want to be spending time on assignments.

How's Immunobiology with Da Sylva?!

Thanks. I checked ratemyprof and he seems to be pretty easy. I'm assuming there are going to be crazy assignments though since its a philosophy course!?

Immuno with Da Sylva is ok. Midterms are fair, final I found harder though.

who's the prof for that Phil course?

I'm currently in the cardio course with Birot next semester (4th year kine course) but I have no idea if he has any assignments (don't know where to get the syllabus).

Also has anyone taken Intro to Applied Ethics (PHIL 2075) with Kristin Andrews?

Immuno with Da Sylva is ok. Midterms are fair, final I found harder though.

who's the prof for that Phil course?

I'm currently in the cardio course with Birot next semester (4th year kine course) but I have no idea if he has any assignments (don't know where to get the syllabus).

Also has anyone taken Intro to Applied Ethics (PHIL 2075) with Kristin Andrews?

I just noticed I mistakenly looked up the the fall term prof for intro to logic. The prof for next semester is Pelham. Mixed feelings on ratemyprof but overall seems to be easy. My only concern about Phil courses is assignments.

I went to the first lecture of Cardio last year to see how it was. If I recall correctly there were presentations for sure but don't remember if there were any papers. I think the whole course is pure research articles. I didn't actually enroll in the course so I don't have the syllabus. I don't like Birot and that was actually the main reason I didn't take that course :D

Do you happen to remember the mark breakdown for immuno? Book mandatory, etc?

I just noticed I mistakenly looked up the the fall term prof for intro to logic. The prof for next semester is Pelham. Mixed feelings on ratemyprof but overall seems to be easy. My only concern about Phil courses is assignments.

I went to the first lecture of Cardio last year to see how it was. If I recall correctly there were presentations for sure but don't remember if there were any papers. I think the whole course is pure research articles. I didn't actually enroll in the course so I don't have the syllabus. I don't like Birot and that was actually the main reason I didn't take that course :D

Do you happen to remember the mark breakdown for immuno? Book mandatory, etc?

Cool thanks. Don't mind the presentations actually.

Immuno was 2 midterms (25% each) and a final worth 50% last year. Apparently it's changed this year (for the better imo!!)

Cool thanks. Don't mind the presentations actually.

Immuno was 2 midterms (25% each) and a final worth 50% last year. Apparently it's changed this year (for the better imo!!)

I guess she felt bad for making our final so hard, that this year she decided to give free marks so she doesnt feel as bad ? Lol

Now I don't want to take Immuno. lol. Any other suggestions for 3rd/4th year bio courses? :D

Immuno's not that bad, the midterms were really easy, its definitely easier than molecular bio I. I heard that biol 3200 is probably one of the easiest bio courses but don't take my word for it, I haven't taken it.

I just applied for being a peer mentor at Bethune College. I have an interview and a group oriented discussion with moderators im guessing?

I was just wondering if anybody's a peer mentor at bethune, and could tell me more about the group oriented discussion? I've never done one before in a course or in high school so I'm a bit nervous.

Like will they give us a topic to discuss like how was your transition to university or something like what study habits worked for you in university?

I think I'm going to prepare some of my answers beforehand for the first time, usually I don't for these type of things.

• 2 weeks later...
I am applting to biomed what do u guys think of it? Easy?

Also what are the easiest electives for first yeAR?

Im in 2nd year biomed. First year was definitely a difficult transition for me at first but overall I would say things get easier if you know which Professors are best.

For first year, I took geography (human geography) and psychology and they were fair.

ugh we never had a bell curve in biochem... stupid lab component

The weird thing is the average was really high but I got curved up... I think most people got curved down though, he used an actual bell curve instead of a linear adjustment and I was probably way far off from the mean and got pushed farther. I mean either that happened or he actually curved up a 70% average lol